Alexandre Dumas Love Quotes and Sayings
2. True love always makes a man better, no matter what woman inspires it.
Sayings by Alexandre Dumas
1. A person who doubts himself is like a man who would enlist in the ranks of his enemies and bear arms against himself. He makes his failure certain by himself being the first person to be convinced of it.
2. All for one and one for all.
3. All generalizations are dangerous, even this one.
4. All human wisdom is summed up in two words; wait and hope.
5. How is it that little children are so intelligent and men so stupid? It must be education that does it.
6. It is rare that one can see in a little boy the promise of a man, but one can almost always see in a little girl the threat of a woman.
7. Only a man who has felt ultimate despair is capable of feeling ultimate bliss.
8. Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes.
9. Learning does not make one learned: there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding. The first requires memory and the second philosophy.
10. As a general rule…people ask for advice only in order not to follow it; or if they do follow it, in order to have someone to blame for giving it.
11. One’s work may be finished someday, but one’s education never.