Alfred Lord Tennyson Love Quotes and Sayings
2. Who is wise in love, love most, say least.
3. I hold it true, whatever befall; I feel it, when I sorrow most; ’tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
4. Sweet is true love that is given in vain, and sweet is death that takes away pain.
5. Oh that it were possible, After long grief and pain, To find the arms of my true love, Around me once again.
6. Brief is life but love is long.
7. Who loves not a false imagining, an unreal character in us; but looking through all the rubbish of our imperfections, loves in us the divine ideal of our natures – not the man that we are, but the angel that we may be.
8. Love is the only gold.
9. A man had given all other bliss, And all his worldly worth for this, to waste his whole heart in one kiss upon her perfect lips.
Sayings by Alfred Lord Tennyson
1. The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions.
2. Their’s not to make reply, Their’s not to reason why, Their’s but to do and die.
3. I must lose myself in action, lest I wither in despair.
4. Words, like nature, half reveal and half conceal the soul within.
5. Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers.
6. Self-reverence, self-knowledge, self-control – these three alone lead to power.
7. Dreams are true while they last, and do we not live in dreams?
8. Trust me not at all, or all in all.
9. For I dipped into the future, far as human eye could see, Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.
10. I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethrough gleams that untravelled world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move.
11. ‘Tis not too late to seek a newer world.
12. No man ever got very high by pulling other people down. The intelligent merchant does not knock his competitors. The sensible worker does not work those who work with him. Don’t knock your friends. Don’t knock your enemies. Don’t knock yourself.