Antoine de Saint-Exupéry Love Quotes and Sayings
2. It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.
3. True love begins when nothing is looked for in return.
4. Perhaps love is the process of my leading you gently back to yourself. Not whom I want you to be, but to who you are.
5. The arms of love encompass you with your present, your past, your future, the arms of love gather you together.
He was a successful commercial pilot pre-war, joining the Armée de l’Air (French Air Force) on the outbreak of war, flying reconnaissance missions until the armistice with Germany. Following a spell writing in the United States, he joined the Free French Forces. He went missing on a reconnaissance flight over the Mediterranean in July 1944.
Sayings by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
1. A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
2. Each man must look to himself to teach him the meaning of life. It is not something discovered: it is something molded.
3. Grown-ups never understand anything for themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them.
4. I have no right, by anything I do or say, to demean a human being in his own eyes. What matters is not what I think of him; it is what he thinks of himself. To undermine a man’s self-respect is a sin.
5. I know but one freedom, and that is the freedom of the mind.
6. The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
7. That is the hardest thing of all. It is much harder to judge yourself than to judge others. If you succeed in judging yourself, it’s because you’re truly a wise man.
8. The time for action is now. It’s never too late to do something.
9. All grown-ups were once children … but only few of them remember it.
10. Well, I must endure the presence of a few caterpillars if I wish to become acquainted with the butterflies.
11. But the eyes are blind. One must look with the heart.
12. A goal without a plan is just a wish.
13. Tell me who admires and loves you, and I will tell you who you are.
14. If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea.
15. The thing that is important is the thing that is not seen.
16. True happiness comes from the joy of deeds well done, the zest of creating things new.