Byron Katie Quotes and Sayings
2. The miracle of love comes to you in the presence of the uninterpreted moment. If you are mentally somewhere else, you miss real life.
3. If you want to see the love of your life, look in the mirror.
4. When they attack you and you notice that you love them with all your heart, your Work is done.
5. Seeking love keeps you from the awareness that you already have it—that you are it.
6. ‘Love thy neighbor as thyself.’ I always have. I hated me, I hated you.
#7 Twitter, 13 January 2012
7. Our job is unconditional love. The job of everyone else in our life is to push our buttons.
#8 Facebook, 01 February 2014
8. Everyone loves me; I just don’t expect them to realize it yet.
#9 Twitter, 12 March
9. If you realized how beautiful you are, you would fall at your own feet.
Excerpt from Wikipedia: Byron Kathleen Mitchell (born Reid), better known as Byron Katie (born December 6, 1942), is an American speaker and author who teaches a method of self-inquiry known as “The Work of Byron Katie” or simply as “The Work”.
Byron Katie Sayings
1. It’s not your job to like me – it’s mine.
2. Life is simple. Everything happens for you, not to you. Everything happens at exactly the right moment, neither too soon nor too late. You don’t have to like it… it’s just easier if you do.
3. As long as you think that the cause of your problem is “out there”—as long as you think that anyone or anything else is responsible for your suffering—the situation is hopeless. It means that you are forever in the role of victim, that you’re suffering in paradise.
4. Everything happens for me, not to me.
5. A thought is harmless unless we believe it. It’s not our thoughts, but the attachment to our thoughts, that causes suffering. Attaching to a thought means believing that it’s true, without inquiring. A belief is a thought that we’ve been attaching to, often for years.
6. If you put your hand into a fire, does anyone have to tell you to move it? Do you have to decide? No: When your hand starts to burn, it moves. You don’t have to direct it; the hand moves itself. In the same way, once you understand, through inquiry, that an untrue thought causes suffering, you move away from it.
7. Peace doesn’t require two people; it requires only one. It has to be you. The problem begins and ends there.
#8 Nothing Happens Ahead, 01 August 2014
8. Nothing happens ahead of its time, and what needs to happen always happens.
9. Placing the blame or judgment on someone else leaves you powerless to change your experience; taking responsibility for your beliefs and judgments gives you the power to change them.
10. The only way I can be angry at you is when I have thought, said, or done something that is unkind in my own opinion.
11. The world is nothing but my perception of it. I see only through myself. I hear only through the filter of my story.
12. An uncomfortable feeling is not an enemy. It’s a gift that says, “Get honest; inquire.” We reach out for alcohol, or television, or credit cards, so we can focus out there and not have to look at the feeling. And that’s as it should be, because in our innocence we haven’t known how. So now what we can do is reach out for a paper and a pencil, write thought down, and investigate.
#13 Facebook, 02 April 2013
13. All the advice you ever gave your partner is for you to hear.
#14 Facebook, 12 March 2014
14. Peace is found on the inside. Where have you been looking?
#15 Facebook, 30 April 2012
15. If you are mentally somewhere else. You miss real life.
#16 Facebook, 16 March 2014
16. Forgiveness is just another name for freedom.
17. The world changes as you change.
#18 Twitter, 23 May 2016
18. I don’t need other people to have an open mind. The question is “Is my mind open?”
#19 Twitter, 01 Oct 2016
19. When you believe that your problem is caused by someone else, you are your own victim, and the situation appears to be hopeless.
#20 Twitter, 27 Sep 2016
20. If I take care of my mind I have taken care of yours.
21. Everyone is a mirror image of yourself — your own thinking coming back at you.
#22 Twitter, 23 November 2016
22. Stop using others for your happiness; be your own happiness.
#23 Twitter, 16 November 2016
23. What you’re believing in the moment creates your suffering or your happiness.
#24 Twitter, 11 November 2016
24. Your suffering is never caused by the person you’re blaming.
#25 Twitter, 08 December 2016
25. World peace can only be found within you.
#26 Twitter, 07 February 2017
26. Love your internal world, and the world will be different.
#27 Twitter, 20 March 2017
27. You are your only hope, because we’re not changing until you do.
#28 Twitter, 14 March 2017
28. The world is what you believe it to be, and it changes as you change.
#29 Twitter, 24 March 2017
29. The sky isn’t the limit: the mind that sees the sky is the limit.
#30 Twitter, 09 April 2017
30. I’m not grateful for this or that, I’m grateful.
31. All I have is all I need and all I need is all I have in this moment.
#32 Twitter, 26 April 2017
32. The work is mental yoga. Work your mind, and the body will follow; it doesn’t have a choice. Test this.
#33 Twitter, 23 May 2017
33. Freedom isn’t a destination; it’s a state of mind.
#34 Twitter, 18 June 2017
34. Life is simple. It’s what we believe about life that complicates it.
#35 Twitter, 26 June 2017
35. Looking within can change the world around you.
Connect with Byron Katie @ Twitter