On this special day and every day which follows, let us always remember the true meaning of the Yuletide season. Christmas, to me, has always been fond memories of love, giving and sharing.
And for you who want to spread some Christmas spirit this holiday, these are my favourite Christmas quotes and sayings for you to share with family and friends. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if we can keep the Christmas spirit all year round and not just on Christmas day itself? Then it would as what Helen Steiner Rice: “Peace on earth will come to stay.”
Wishing you and yours a Merry Merry Christmas!
Christmas Quotes and Sayings
1. I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
Happy, happy Christmas, that can win us back to the delusions of our childhood days, recall to the old man the pleasures of his youth, and transport the traveler back to his own fireside and quiet home!
2. Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time.
– Laura Ingalls Wilder
3. My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?
When we recall Christmas past, we usually find that the simplest things – not the great occasions – give off the greatest glow of happiness.
– Bob Hope
4. Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone.
– Charles M. Schulz
5. I heard the bells on Christmas Day
Their old, familiar carols play,
And wild and sweet
The words repeat
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!
– Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
6. Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.
I truly believe that if we keep telling the Christmas story, singing the Christmas songs, and living the Christmas spirit, we can bring joy and happiness and peace to this world.
7. He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree.
– Roy L. Smith
8. One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don’t clean it up too quickly.
– Andy Rooney
9. Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love.
– Hamilton Wright Mabie
10. Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas.
– Calvin Coolidge
11. Christmas is a necessity. There has to be at least one day of the year to remind us that we’re here for something else besides ourselves.
– Eric Sevareid
12. Christmas Eve was a night of song that wrapped itself about you like a shawl. But it warmed more than your body. It warmed your heart…filled it, too, with melody that would last forever.
– Bess Streeter Aldrich
13. Christmas, my child, is love in action. Every time we love, every time we give, it’s Christmas.
– Dale Evans
14. It’s true, Christmas can feel like a lot of work, particularly for mothers. But when you look back on all the Christmases in your life, you’ll find you’ve created family traditions and lasting memories. Those memories, good and bad, are really what help to keep a family together over the long haul.
– Caroline Kennedy
15. Peace on earth will come to stay, When we live Christmas every day.
16. Christmas is the season for kindling the fire of hospitality in the hall, the genial flame of charity in the heart.
17. Christmas is the spirit of giving without a thought of getting. It is happiness because we see joy in people. It is forgetting self and finding time for others. It is discarding the meaningless and stressing the true values.
My brothers and sisters, may the spirit of love which comes at Christmastime fill our homes and our lives and linger there long after the tree is down and the lights are put away for another year.
18. Christmas is the day that holds all time together.
19. Christmas is a day of meaning and traditions, a special day spent in the warm circle of family and friends.
20. I love Christmas, not just because of the presents but because of all the decorations and lights and the warmth of the season.
– Ashley Tisdale
21. I sometimes think we expect too much of Christmas Day. We try to crowd into it the long arrears of kindliness and humanity of the whole year. As for me, I like to take my Christmas a little at a time, all through the year. And thus I drift along into the holidays–let them overtake me unexpectedly–waking up some fine morning and suddenly saying to myself: Why this is Christmas Day!
22. Remember, if Christmas isn’t found in your heart, you won’t find it under a tree.
– Charlotte Carpenter
23. A good conscience is a continual Christmas.
– Benjamin Franklin
24. Christmas is, of course, the time to be home – in heart as well as body.
– Garry Moore
25. Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas.
– Peg Bracken
26. Christmas gives us the opportunity to pause and reflect on the important things around us – a time when we can look back on the year that has passed and prepare for the year ahead.
– David Cameron
27. As we give presents at Christmas, we need to recognize that sharing our time and ourselves is such an important part of giving.
28. Love the giver more than the gift.
29. The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.
– Burton Hillis
30. Christmas is forever, not for just one day, for loving, sharing, giving, are not to put away like bells and lights and tinsel, in some box upon a shelf. The good you do for others is good you do yourself.
– Norman Wesley Brooks
31. It is the personal thoughtfulness, the warm human awareness, the reaching out of the self to one’s fellow man that makes giving worthy of the Christmas spirit.
– Isabel Currier
32. The joy of brightening other lives, bearing each others’ burdens, easing other’s loads and supplanting empty hearts and lives with generous gifts becomes for us the magic of Christmas.
– W. C. Jones
33. Christmas gift suggestions: To your enemy, forgiveness. To an opponent, tolerance. To a friend, your heart. To a customer, service. To all, charity. To every child, a good example. To yourself, respect.
– Oren Arnold
34. What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace.
– Agnes M. Pahro
35. Christmas–that magic blanket that wraps itself about us, that something so intangible that it is like a fragrance. It may weave a spell of nostalgia. Christmas may be a day of feasting, or of prayer, but always it will be a day of remembrance–a day in which we think of everything we have ever loved.
– Augusta E. Rundell
Photo Credit: Robert S. Donovan