Skip the intro and go directly to David Bowie Quotes and Sayings, or listen to David’s Top TracksExcerpt from Wikipedia: David Robert Jones (8 January 1947 – 10 January 2016), known as David Bowie, was an English singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, record producer, arranger, painter and actor. He was a figure in popular music for over five decades, and was considered by critics and other musicians as an innovator, particularly for his work in the 1970s. His androgynous appearance was an iconic element of his image, principally in the 1970s and 1980s.
Quotes and Sayings by David Bowie
1. I don’t know where I’m going from here but I promise it won’t be boring.” Madison Square Gardens on his 50th birthday concert in 1998
Quotes 2-7 from GQ
2. I’m proud of what I’ve done. In fact it’s been a good ride.
3. I realised from the beginning that you could actually affect the way people saw things in quite a major way.
4. There’s more of a joy in the way that I explore day-to-day existence than there was before. I mean, it was changing for me personally even before Iman came along; it’s not like it’s sort of all come together just because of the family. The family has come together because of what’s been happening to me.
5. I am enjoying working in the present. I am enjoying day-to-day existence much more than I ever did before.
6. I suppose for me as an artist it wasn’t always just about expressing my work; I really wanted, more than anything else, to contribute in some way to the culture I was living in.
7. You know, what I do is not terribly intellectual. I’m a pop singer, for Christ’s sake. As a person, I’m fairly uncomplicated.
8. I always had a repulsive need to be something more than human. I felt very puny as a human. I thought, ‘F**k that. I want to be a superhuman.’
9. I think fame itself is not a rewarding thing. The most you can say is that it gets you a seat in restaurants. Interviewed in Q magazine (April 1990)
10. “You would think that a rock star being married to a supermodel would be one of the greatest things in the world. It is,” he said, referring to his marriage to supermodel Iman Abdulmajid.
11. I’m just an individual who doesn’t feel that I need to have somebody qualify my work in any particular way. I’m working for me. 60 Minutes, 2002
12. I mean, my whole life is made up of experimentation, curiosity and anything that seemed at all appealing. Time Out interview, 1983
13. Make the best of every moment. We’re not evolving. We’re not going anywhere. Esquire, 2004
14. All my big mistakes are when I try to second-guess or please an audience. My work is always stronger when I get very selfish about it. To Paul du Noyer of The Word magazine in 2003