Denis Waitley Love Quotes and Inspiring Sayings
2. A smile is the light in your window that tells others that there is a caring, sharing person inside.
3. The essence of life is finding something you really love and then making the daily experience worthwhile.
Excerpt from official site of Denis Waitley, author of “The Psychology of Winning“, one of America’s most respected authors, keynote lecturers and productivity consultants on high performance human achievement. 10 million audio programs sold in 14 languages, Denis Waitley is one of the most listened-to voices on personal and career success.
He is the author of 16 non-fiction books, including several international best sellers, “Seeds of Greatness,” “Being the Best,” “The Winner’s Edge,” “The Joy of Working“, and “Empires of the Mind.”
Inspiring Sayings by Denis Waitley
1. Our limitations and success will be based, most often, on your own expectations for ourselves. What the mind dwells upon, the body acts upon.
2. Life is inherently risky. There is only one big risk you should avoid at all costs, and that is the risk of doing nothing.
3. You must understand that seeing is believing, but also know that believing is seeing.
4. If you believe you can, you probably can. If you believe you won’t, you most assuredly won’t. Belief is the ignition switch that gets you off the launching pad.
5. There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.
6. Losers live in the past. Winners learn from the past and enjoy working in the present toward the future.
7. Get excited and enthusiastic about your own dream. This excitement is like a forest fire – you can smell it, taste it, and see it from a mile away.
8. It’s not who you are that holds you back, it’s who you think you’re not.
9. The greatest gifts you can give your children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence.
10. The results you achieve will be in direct proportion to the effort you apply.
11. The winners in life treat their body as if it were a magnificent spacecraft that gives them the finest transportation and endurance for their lives.
12. We are supposed to forgive everyone; everyone includes ourselves.
13. Time is the most precious element of human existence. The successful person knows how to put energy into time and how to draw success from time.
14. I had the blues because I had no shoes until upon the street, I met a man who had no feet.
15. Chase your passion, not your pension.
16. Everything that is past is either a learning experience to grow on, a beautiful memory to reflect on, or a motivating factor to act upon.
17. We’ve got to have a dream if we are going to make a dream come true.
18. When you are in the valley, keep your goal firmly in view and you will get the renewed energy to continue the climb.
19. Goals provide the energy source that powers our lives. One of the best ways we can get the most from the energy we have is to focus it. That is what goals can do for us; concentrate our energy.
20. Virtually nothing on earth can stop a person with a positive attitude who has his goal clearly in sight.
21. Mistakes are painful when they happen, but years later a collection of mistakes is what is called experience.
22. There are no mistakes or failures, only lessons.
23. It is not in the pursuit of happiness that we find fulfillment, it is in the happiness of pursuit.
24. Life is the movie you see through your own eyes. It makes little difference what’s happening out there. It’s how you take it that counts.
25. Change the changeable, accept the unchangeable, and remove yourself from the unacceptable.
26. Procrastination is the fear of success. People procrastinate because they are afraid of the success that they know will result if they move ahead now. Because success is heavy, carries a responsibility with it, it is much easier to procrastinate and live on the ‘someday I’ll’ philosophy.
27. Listen to the desires of your children. Encourage them and then give them the autonomy to make their own decision.
28. One characteristic of winners is they always look upon themselves as a do it yourself project.
29. A dream is your creative vision for your life in the future. You must break out of your current comfort zone and become comfortable with the unfamiliar and the unknown.
30. Learn from the past, set vivid, detailed goals for the future, and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control: now.
31. Success in life comes not from holding a good hand, but in playing a poor hand well.
32. A life lived with integrity – even if it lacks the trappings of fame and fortune is a shinning star in whose light others may follow in the years to come.
33. Courage means to keep working a relationship, to continue seeking solutions to difficult problems, and to stay focused during stressful periods.
34. Determination gives you the resolve to keep going in spite of the roadblocks that lay before you.
35. Expect the best, plan for the worst, and prepare to be surprised.
36. Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer.
37. Forget about the consequences of failure. Failure is only a temporary change in direction to set you straight for your next success.
38. Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every moment with love and gratitude.
39. The greatest limitations you will ever face will be those you place on yourself.
40. Most people spend their entire lives on a fantasy island called ‘Someday I’ll …’ (Source)
41. Your attitude is either the lock on, or the key to the door of success.