Dorothy Fields Love Quotes and Sayings
2. I’m in the mood for love, simply because you’re near me. Funny, but when you’re near me I’m in the mood for love.
3. And that laugh that wrinkles your nose touches my foolish heart.
Excerpt from Wikipedia: Dorothy Fields (July 15, 1905 – March 28, 1974) was an American librettist and lyricist. She wrote over 400 songs for Broadway musicals and films. Along with Ann Ronell, Dana Suesse, Bernice Petkere, and Kay Swift, she was one of the first successful Tin Pan Alley and Hollywood female songwriters.
Sayings by Dorothy Fields
1. Grab your coat, and get your hat, Leave your worry on the doorstep Just direct your feet, To the sunny side of the street.
2. The man in our society is the breadwinner; the woman has enough to do as the homemaker, wife and mother.
3. I do not think men have more talent. There are a great many women in the arts; novelists, painters, sculptors, poets-but the proportion is far lower in the field of song writing.
4. If you don’t have a story that will hold the audience, you won’t have a successful show.
5. Keep it in tune with the times, but don’t write with the specific purpose of trying to create a hit. If you’re doing it strictly to make money, you’re crazy. There are easier ways to make money.