Skip the intro and go directly to Earl Nightingale Inspiring Quotes and Sayings
Excerpt from Wikipedia: Earl Nightingale (March 12, 1921 – March 28, 1989) was an American motivational speaker and author, known as the “Dean of Personal Development.” He was the voice in the early 1950s of Sky King, the hero of a radio adventure series, and was a WGN radio show host from 1950 to 1956. Nightingale was the author of ‘The Strangest Secret,’ which economist Terry Savage has called “… One of the great motivational books of all time.”
Inspiring Quotes and Sayings by Earl Nightingale
#1 Twitter, 15 March 2017
1. Your world is a living expression of how you are using and have used your mind.
#2-3 The Strangest Secret
2. The problem is that our mind comes as standard equipment at birth. It’s free. And things that are given to us for nothing, we place little value on. Things that we pay money for, we value. The paradox is that exactly the reverse is true. Everything that’s really worthwhile in life came to us free and our minds, our souls, our bodies, our hopes, our dreams, our ambitions, our intelligence, our love of family and children and friends and country. All these priceless possessions are free.
3. The human mind is far more fertile, far more incredible and mysterious than the land, but it works the same way. It doesn’t care what we plant … success … or failure. A concrete, worthwhile goal … or confusion, misunderstanding, fear, anxiety, and so on. But what we plant it must return to us.
#4 Twitter, 8 November 2017
4. Whatever we plant in our subconscious mind and nourish with repetition and emotion will one day become a reality.
#5-7 The Strangest Secret
5. Do what the experts since the dawn of recorded history have told us to do: pay the price, by becoming the person you want to become. It’s not nearly as difficult as living unsuccessfully.
6. Each of us must live off the fruit of our thoughts in the future, because what you think today and tomorrow and next month and next year and will mold your life and determine your future. You’re guided by your mind.
7. The human mind is much like a farmer’s land. The land gives the farmer a choice. He may plant in that land whatever he chooses. The land doesn’t care what is planted. It’s up to the farmer to make the decision. The mind, like the land, will return what you plant, but it doesn’t care what you plant.
#8 Twitter, 20 January 2017
8. We are all self made but only the successful will admit it.
#9 Twitter, 31 January 2017
9. Success is the progressive realization of a worthy goal or ideal.
10. Goals are the very basis of any success. It is in fact the definition of success.
11. Life plays no favorites. Yet of one thing you may be sure, you will become what you think about. If your thinking is circular and chaotic, your life will reflect that chaos. But if your thinking is orderly and clear, if you have a goal that’s important for you to reach, then reach it you will.
12. So decide upon your goal. Insist upon it. Demand it! Look at your goal card every morning and night and as many times during the day as you conveniently can. By so doing, you will insinuate your goal into your subconscious mind.
13. Everything begins with an idea.
#14 Twitter, 20 January 2017
14. We can let circumstances rule us, or we can take charge and rule our lives from within.
#15-16 The Strangest Secret
15. All you have to do is know where you’re going. The answers will come to you of their own accord, and at the right time.
16. Every one of us is the sum total of our own thoughts. We are where we are because that’s exactly where we really want or feel we deserve to be and whether we’ll admit that or not.
#17 Twitter, 19 October 2017
17. All you need is the plan, the road map, and the courage to press on to your destination.
#18 Twitter, 9 October 2017
18. Your problem is to bridge the gap which exists between where you are now and the goal you intend to reach.
#19-20 How to Completely Change Your Life in 30 Seconds – Part IV, by Robert C. Worstell, Earl Nightingale
19. The key that unlocks energy is “Desire.” It’s also the key to a long and interesting life. If we expect a person to do something we want him to do, we have to get him excited. And if we expect to create any drive, any real force within ourselves, we have to get excited.
20. For a person to build a rich and rewarding life for himself, there are certain qualities and bits of knowledge that he needs to acquire. But there are also things-harmful attitudes, superstitions, emotions-that he needs to chip away. A person needs to chip away everything that doesn’t look like the person he or she most wants to become.
#21 Twitter, 17 February 2017
21. Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don’t wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future.
#22 Twitter, 26 January 2017
22. Our environment, the world in which we live and work, is a mirror of our attitudes and expectations.
23. We are at our very best and we are happiest when we are fully engaged in work we enjoy on the journey toward the goals we’ve established for ourselves. It gives meaning to our time off and comfort to our sleep. It makes everything else in life so wonderful, so worthwhile.
24. You are now and you most certainly will become what you think about.
#25 Twitter, 30 January 2017
25. We will receive not what we idly wish for but what we justly earn. Our rewards will always be in exact proportion to our service.
#26 Twitter, 28 February 2017
26. We all walk in the dark and each of us must learn to turn on his or her own light.
#27 Twitter, 19 June 2017
27. Our attitude towards others determines their attitude towards us.
28. The thing about this story that has so profoundly affected millions of people is the idea that each of us is, at this very moment, standing in the middle of our own acres of diamonds. If we had only had the wisdom and patience to intelligently and effectively explore the work in which we’re now engaged, to explore ourselves, we would most likely find the riches we seek, whether they be financial or intangible or both.
#29-33 The Strangest Secret
29. Picture yourself in your mind’s eye as having already achieved this goal. See yourself doing the things you will be doing when you have reached your goal.
30. We become what we think about.
31. Don’t concern yourself too much with how you are going to achieve your goal and leave that completely to a power greater than yourself.
32. The moment you decide on a goal to work toward, you’re immediately a successful person and you are then in that rare group of people who know where they’re going. Out of every hundred people, you belong to the top five.
33. Our mind can do any kind of job we assign to it, but generally speaking, we use it for little jobs instead of big ones. So decide now. What is it you want? Plant your goal in your mind. It’s the most important decision you’ll ever make in your entire life.
The Strangest Secret by Earl Nightingale
Unsourced Earl Nightingale Quotes
1. Get into a line that you will find to be a deep personal interest, something you really enjoy spending twelve to fifteen hours a day working at, and the rest of the time thinking about.
2. Mistakes are a natural part of growing up. They’re to be expected and made light of. But children bloom like spring flowers under praise. They want so much to be noticed and appreciated, to excel and have that excellence noticed.
3. Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use.
4. Wherever there is danger, there lurks opportunity; wherever there is opportunity, there lurks danger. The two are inseparable.
5. Whenever we’re afraid, it’s because we don’t know enough. If we understood enough, we would never be afraid.