Skip the intro and go directly to Earl Nightingale Inspiring Quotes and Sayings
Excerpt from Wikipedia: Earl Nightingale (March 12, 1921 – March 28, 1989) was an American motivational speaker and author, known as the “Dean of Personal Development.” He was the voice in the early 1950s of Sky King, the hero of a radio adventure series, and was a WGN radio show host from 1950 to 1956. Nightingale was the author of ‘The Strangest Secret,’ which economist Terry Savage has called “… One of the great motivational books of all time.”
Inspiring Quotes and Sayings by Earl Nightingale
1. Your world is a living expression of how you are using and have used your mind.
2. Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use.
3. Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don’t wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it’s at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored.
4. Whatever we plant in our subconscious mind and nourish with repetition and emotion will one day become reality.
5. You are now, and you do become, what you think about.
6. Our attitude toward life determines life’s attitude towards us.
7. We are all self-made, but only the successful will admit it.
8. Each of us must live off the fruit of his thoughts in the future, because what you think today and tomorrow, next month and next year, you will mold your life and determine your future. You are guided by your mind.
9. Success is the progressive realization of a worthy goal or ideal.
10. A person who does not read is no better than one cannot read.
11. All you need is the plan, the road map, and the courage to press on to your destination.
12. Wherever there is danger, there lurks opportunity; wherever there is opportunity, there lurks danger. The two are inseparable.
13. Everything begins with an idea.
14. We can let circumstances rule us, or we can take charge and rule our lives from within.
15. All you have to do is know where you’re going. The answers will come to you of their own accord.
16. People are where they are because that is exactly where they really want to be / whether they will admit that or not.
17. Whenever we’re afraid, it’s because we don’t know enough. If we understood enough, we would never be afraid.
18. Your problem is to bridge the gap which exists between where you are now and the goal you intend to reach.
19. The key that unlocks energy is ”Desire’.’ It’s also the key to a long and interesting life. If we expect to create any drive, any real force within ourselves, we have to get excited.
20. We all walk in the dark and each of us must learn to turn on his or her own light.
21. What’s going on in the inside shows on the outside.
22. Our environment, the world in which we live and work, is a mirror of our attitudes and expectations.
23. We are at our very best, and we are happiest, when we are fully engaged in work we enjoy on the journey toward the goal we’ve established for ourselves. It gives meaning to our time off and comfort to our sleep.
24. Mistakes are a natural part of growing up. They’re to be expected and made light of. But children bloom like spring flowers under praise. They want so much to be noticed and appreciated, to excel and have that excellence noticed.
25. Ideas are elusive, slippery things. Best to keep a pad of paper and a pencil at your bedside, so you can stab them during the night before they get away.
26. For a person to build a rich and rewarding life for himself, there are certain qualities and bits of knowledge that he needs to acquire. There are also things, harmful attitudes, superstitions, and emotions that he needs to chip away. A person needs to chip away everything that doesn’t look like the person he or she most wants to become.
27. Picture yourself in your minds eye as having already achieved this goal. See yourself doing the things you’ll be doing when you’ve reached your goal.
28. You are, at this moment, standing, right in the middle of your own ‘acres of diamonds.
29. Our attitude towards others determines their attitude towards us.
30. Get into a line that you will find to be a deep personal interest, something you really enjoy spending twelve to fifteen hours a day working at, and the rest of the time thinking about.
31. Always keep that happy attitude. Pretend that you are holding a beautiful fragrant bouquet.
32. We become what we think about.