Eckhart Tolle Quotes and Sayings
#1 A New Earth: Create a Better Life
1. To love is to recognize yourself in another.
2. A genuine relationship is one that is not dominated by the ego with its image-making and self-seeking. In a genuine relationship, there is an outward flow of open, alert attention toward the other person in which there is no wanting whatsoever.
3. As soon as you honor the present moment, all unhappiness and struggle dissolve, and life begins to flow with joy and ease. When you act out the present-moment awareness, whatever you do becomes imbued with a sense of quality, care, and love – even the most simple action.
4. Love is a state of Being. Your love is not outside; it is deep within you. You can never lose it, and it cannot leave you.
5. In fact, the moment that judgment stops through acceptance of what is, you are free of the mind. You have made room for love, for joy, for peace. First you stop judging yourself; then you stop judging your partner. The greatest catalyst for change in a relationship is complete acceptance of your partner as he or she is, without needing to judge or change them in any way.
6. Your task is not to search for love but to find a portal through which love can enter.
Excerpt from Wikipedia: Eckhart Tolle (born Ulrich Leonard Tolle in 1948) is a German-born Canadian resident, best known as the author of the The Power of Now and A New Earth, which were written in English. In 2011, he was listed by the Watkins Review as the most spiritually influential person in the world. In 2008, a New York Times writer called Tolle “the most popular spiritual author in the United States.”
Eckhart Tolle Sayings
#1-4 A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life’s Purpose
1. Nothing ever happened in the past that can prevent you from being present now.
2. The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but your thoughts about it.
3. Many poets and sages throughout the ages have observed that true happiness – I call it the joy of Being – is found in simple, seemingly unremarkable things.
4. Many people don’t realize until they are on their deathbed and everything external falls away that no thing ever had anything to do with who they are.
#5-7 A New Earth: Create a Better Life
5. Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness. How do you know this is the experience you need? Because this is the experience you are having at this moment.
6. You cannot lose consciousness because it is, in essence, who you are. You can only lose something that you have, but you cannot lose something that you are.
7. Anything that you resent and strongly react to in another is also in you.
#8-13 The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
8. Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have. Make the Now the primary focus of your life.
9. Any action is often better than no action, especially if you have been stuck in an unhappy situation for a long time. If it is a mistake, at least you learn something, in which case it’s no longer a mistake. If you remain stuck, you learn nothing.
10. The only thing that is ultimately real about your journey is the step that you are taking at this moment. That’s all there ever is.
11. Pleasure is always derived from something outside you, whereas joy arises from within.
12. Nothing ever happened in the past; it happened in the Now. Nothing will ever happen in the future; it will happen in the Now.
13. Stress is caused by being “here” but wanting to be “there,” or being in the present but wanting to be in the future.
#14 Twitter, 20 April 2017
14. Through the present moment, you have access to the power of life itself.
15. Facebook, 6 February 2017
15. You are the beginning of the transformed world.
#16-17 Stillness Speaks
16. A great silent space holds all of nature in its embrace. It also holds you.
17. Your unhappiness ultimately arises not from the circumstances of your life but from the conditioning of your mind.
#18 Twitter, 30 May 2017
18. Bring presence into whatever you do.
#19 Twitter, 26 July 2016
19. Sometimes letting things go is an act of far greater power than defending or hanging on.
20. Whatever you fight, you strengthen, and what you resist, persists.
21. Some changes may look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.
22. If you have young children, give them help, guidance, and protection to the best of your ability, but even more important, give them space – space to be.
#23 Google+, 27 January 2016
23. You attract and manifest whatever corresponds to your inner state.
#24 Twitter, 17 May 2017
24. Unhappiness is created whenever you are out of alignment with the present moment.
#25 Twitter, 11 April 2016
25. The energy that you put out comes back to you.
26. All negativity is caused by an accumulation of psychological time and denial of the present. Unease, anxiety, tension, stress, worry – all forms of fear – are caused by too much future, and not enough presence. Guilt, regret, resentment, grievances, sadness, bitterness, and all forms of non-forgiveness are caused by too much past, and not enough presence.
27. You are here to enable the divine purpose of the universe to unfold. That is how important you are!
28. Remember that your perception of the world is a reflection of your state of consciousness. You are not separate from it, and there is no objective world out there. Every moment, your consciousness creates the world that you inhabit.
#29 Google+, 29 May 2016
29. The way in which you perceive the other is determined by your own thought forms.
#30 A New Earth: Create a Better Life
30. If peace is really what you want, then you will choose peace.
#31 Quoted here
31. Most humans are never fully present in the now, because unconsciously they believe that the next moment must be more important than this one. But then you miss your whole life, which is never not now.
#32 Facebook, 24 July 2016
32. Whenever you deeply accept this moment as it is – no matter what form it takes – you are still, you are at peace.
#33 Twitter, 12 June 2017
33. It is inner stillness that will save and transform the world.
#34 Practicing the Power of Now: Meditations, Exercises, and Core Teachings for Living the Liberated Life
34. So the only place that true change can occur and where the past can be dissolved is the Now.
#35 Twitter, 26 December 2016
35. The first important step into the now is to become aware of whatever surrounds you.
#36 Twitter, 30 October 2016
36. Letting go of inner resistance, you often find circumstances change for the better.
#37 Google+, 13 November 2016
37. Allow this moment to be as it is.
#38 Instagram, 21 October 2017
38. Allow nature to teach you stillness.
#39 Twitter, 30 October 2017
39. Your life is always one with now.
#40 Twitter, 5 February 2018
40. The present moment is the field on which the game of life happens.
41. Whatever you experience, feel, do, or think, it is always in the Now.
#42 Instagram, 1 May 2018
42. You don’t have a life! You are life!
#43 Instagram, 5 June 2018
43. Be aware of your breathing. Notice how this takes attention away from your thinking and creates space.
Unsourced Eckhart Tolle Quotes
1. The past has no power over the present moment.
2. Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.
3. Worry pretends to be necessary but serves no useful purpose.
4. If you get the inside right, the outside will fall into place. As soon as you honor the present moment, unhappiness and struggle dissolve, and life begins to flow with joy and ease. When you act out the present-moment awareness, whatever you do becomes imbued with a sense of quality, care, and love – even the most simple action.
5. The world can only change from within.
6. The power for creating a better future is contained in the present moment: You create a good future by creating a good present.