Edgar Watson Howe Love Quotes and Sayings
2. If a woman doesn’t chase a man a little, she doesn’t love him.
Excerpt from Wikipedia: Edgar Watson Howe (May 3, 1853 – October 3, 1937), sometimes referred to as E. W. Howe, was an American novelist and newspaper and magazine editor in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. He was perhaps best known for his magazine, E.W. Howe’s Monthly. Howe was well traveled and known for his sharp wit in his editorials.
Sayings by Edgar Watson Howe
1. A boy doesn’t have to go to war to be a hero; he can say he doesn’t like pie when he sees there isn’t enough to go around.
2. A modest man is usually admired, if people ever hear of him.
3. Don’t abuse your friends and expect them to consider it criticism.
4. Every successful person I have heard of has done the best he could with the conditions as he found them, and not waited until next year for better.
5. Farmers only worry during the growing season, but townspeople worry all the time.
6. Half the time men think they are talking business, they are wasting time.
7. The feeling of sleepiness when you are not in bed, and can’t get there, is the meanest feeling in the world.
8. The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep.
9. The way out of trouble is never as simple as the way in.
10. There is only one thing people like that is good for them; a good night’s sleep.
11. If a man has money, it is usually a sign, too, that he knows how to take care of it; don’t imagine his money is easy to get simply because he has plenty of it.
12. You needn’t love your enemy, but if you refrain from telling lies about him, you are doing well enough.
13. The real tragedy of life is not being limited to one talent, but in failing to use that one talent.
14. Instead of loving your enemies, treat your friends a little better.
15. People are always neglecting something they can do in trying to do something they can’t do.
16. When I am idle and shiftless, my affairs become confused; when I work, I get results … not great results, but enough to encourage me.