20+ Enjoying the Journey quotes and sayings
Quoting Ursula K Le Guin, “It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.” These 20+ Enjoying the Journey quotes and sayings are a gentle reminder to myself to enjoy the journey and to smell the roses.
1. Pleasure does not only exist in the destination, but in the journey too. Focus on each step.
Let the world go by. If you need to rest, just do.
Life is a brief gift of time. Enjoy it as fully as possible.
No one can ever truly know all that lies ahead. Trust in the mystery. Experience the journey.
– Bronnie Ware
2. Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.
– Greg Anderson
3. What is important is to enjoy our time in this reality, to live in happiness while we are alive.
– Don Miguel Ruiz
4. While waiting for things to change, don’t be discontent with where you are. Learn to enjoy the season that you’re in.
5. I think the thing to do is to enjoy the ride while you’re on it.
6. Even if something is left undone, everyone must take time to sit still and watch the leaves turn.
– Elizabeth Lawrence
7. Worrying won’t stop the bad stuff from happening. It just stops you from enjoying the good.
Life is not a race, but a journey to be savored each step of the way.
– Author Unknown
8. Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you’re climbing it.
– Andy Rooney
9. Nature is painting for us, day after day, pictures of infinite beauty if only we have the eyes to see them.
– John Ruskin
10. Life isn’t just about “getting there”; it is also about “being here” and enjoying your journey.
– Robert Holden
11. It is essential to our well-being, and to our lives, that we play and enjoy life. Every single day do something that makes your heart sing.
– Marcia Wieder
12. The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.
13. Life, as I see it, is not a location, but a journey. Life flows.
– Henry Ford
14. Some people feel the rain – others just get wet.
– Roger Miller
15. Cherish each hour of this day for it can never return.
16. Progress has little to do with speed, but much to do with direction! So honor every step … no matter how slow.
– Timber Hawkeye
17. There is no such thing as an ordinary day … Each moment is extraordinary.
– Kris Carr
18. Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
– Ferris Bueller
19. If I have given my all and still do not win, I haven’t lost. Others might remember winning or losing, I remember the journey.
– Apolo Anton Ohno
20. Since you are going to be with yourself all day today anyway, you may as well enjoy yourself!
21. Every moment of “Are we there yet?” is a moment missed of “Wow, look at the view!” (and not just when driving!)
– Doe Zantamata
22. At some point in life the world’s beauty becomes enough. You don’t need to photograph, paint, or even remember it. It is enough.
23. In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.
24. Slow down and enjoy life. It’s not only the scenery you miss by going too fast — you also miss the sense of where you are going and why.
– Eddie Cantor
25. I finally figured out the only reason to be alive is to enjoy it.
– Rita Mae Brown
26. If you obey all of the rules, you miss all of the fun.
27. I’ve always believed in savoring the moments. In the end, they are the only things we’ll have.
– Anna Godbersen
28. Sometimes we become so focused on the finish line, that we fail to find joy in the journey.
– Dieter F. Uchtdorf
29. As you navigate your day, know that it isn’t going to go as planned. Not exactly. Embrace the mystery.
– Panache Desai (Twitter, 19 Oct 2016)
30. Every now and then it’s good to stop climbing and appreciate the view from right where you are.
– Lori Deschene
31. It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters, in the end. (The Left Hand of Darkness, 1969)
– Ursula K Le Guin
32. When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It’s to enjoy each step along the way.