Friedrich Nietzsche Love Quotes and Sayings
2. True, we love life, not because we are used to living, but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love, but there is also always some reason in madness.
3. The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies but also to hate his friends.
4. That which is done out of love is always beyond good and evil.
5. One ought to hold on to one’s heart; for if one lets it go, one soon loses control of the head too.
6. Amor Fati – “Love Your Fate”, which is in fact your life.
7. Love is a state in which a man sees things most decidedly as they are not.
8. Love brings to light a lover’s noble and hidden qualities – his rare and exceptional traits: it is thus liable to be deceptive of his normal qualities.
9. One must learn to love.— This is what happens to us in music: first one has to learn to hear a figure and melody at all, to detect and distinguish it, to isolate it and delimit it as a separate life; then it requires some exertion and good will to tolerate it in spite of its strangeness, to be patient with its appearance and expression, and kindhearted about its oddity:—finally there comes a moment when we are used to it, when we wait for it, when we sense that we should miss it if it were missing: and now it continues to compel and enchant us relentlessly until we have become its humble and enraptured lovers who desire nothing better from the world than it and only it.— But that is what happens to us not only in music: that is how we have learned to love all things that we now love. In the end we are always rewarded for our good will, our patience, fair-mindedness, and gentleness with what is strange; gradually, it sheds its veil and turns out to be a new and indescribable beauty:—that is its thanks for our hospitality. Even those who love themselves will have learned it in this way: for there is no other way. Love, too, has to be learned.
10. When marrying, ask yourself this question: Do you believe that you will be able to converse well with this person into your old age? Everything else in marriage is transitory.
Nietzsche’s key ideas include the “death of God,” the Übermensch, the eternal recurrence, the Apollonian and Dionysian dichotomy, perspectivism, and the will to power. Central to his philosophy is the idea of “life-affirmation”, which involves questioning of all doctrines that drain life’s expansive energies, however socially prevalent and radical those views might be. His influence remains substantial within philosophy, notably in existentialism, post-modernism, and post-structuralism, as well as outside it. His radical questioning of the value and objectivity of truth has been the focus of extensive commentary, especially in the continental tradition.
Sayings by Friedrich Nietzsche
1. That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
2. I’m not upset that you lied to me, I’m upset that from now on I can’t believe you.
3. You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.
4. And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.
5. Sometimes people don’t want to hear the truth because they don’t want their illusions destroyed.
6. There are no facts, only interpretations.
7. He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how.
8. The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.
9. The higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly.
10. What does your conscience say? — ‘You should become the person you are’.
11. He who would learn to fly one day must first learn to walk and run and climb and dance; one cannot fly into flying.
12. Blessed are the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders.
13. I know of no better life purpose than to perish in attempting the great and the impossible.
14. There will always be rocks in the road ahead of us. They will be stumbling blocks or stepping stones; it all depends on how you use them.
15. The strongest have their moments of fatigue.