Over 100 gratitude quotes and sayings
Gratitude is one of the highest forms of expression of love to others and the Universe; only when we are grateful for what we have, for all the blessings that come in our daily life, for all the lessons life bestows upon us then we will be filled with the abundance from the Universe. A reminder to myself to always count my blessings with deep gratitude and love.
1. Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.
2. When you have a good friend that really cares for you and tries to stick in there with you, you treat them like nothing. Learn to be a good friend because one day you’re gonna look up and say I lost a good friend. Learn how to be respectful to your friends, don’t just start arguments with them and don’t tell them the reason, always remember your friends will be there quicker than your family. Learn to remember you got great friends, don’t forget that and they will always care for you no matter what. Always remember to smile and look up at what you got in life.
3. Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.
For each new morning with its light, for rest and shelter of the night, for health and food, for love and friends, for everything Thy goodness sends.
4. Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.
5. Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.
6. If the only prayer you said was thank you, that would be enough.
– Meister Eckhart
7. We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives.
As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.
– John F. Kennedy
8. You pray in your distress and in your need; would that you might pray also in the fullness of your joy and in your days of abundance.
“And when you crush an apple with your teeth, say to it in your heart:
Your seeds shall live in my body,
And the buds of your tomorrow shall blossom in my heart,
And your fragrance shall be my breath,
And together we shall rejoice through all the seasons.
9. We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.
– Thornton Wilder
10. When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive- to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love-then make that day count!
Those who have the ability to be grateful are the ones who have the ability to achieve greatness.
The problem that we have with a victim mentality is that we forget to see the blessings of the day. Because of this, our spirit is poisoned instead of nourished.
If forgiveness is medicine for the soul, then gratitude is vitamins.
11. God gave you a gift of 86 400 seconds today. Have you used one to say thank you.
Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.
Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.
12. In normal life we hardly realize how much more we receive than we give, and life cannot be rich without such gratitude. It is so easy to overestimate the importance of our own achievements compared with what we owe to the help of others.
– Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Letters and Papers from Prison
13. We only live once. We all have an expiration date after that we will never come again. I am not saying that to make you sad. I am saying that so you can cherish each moment in your life and be grateful that you are here and you are Special.
Gratitude means to recognize the good in your life, be thankful for whatever you have, some people may not even have one of those things you consider precious to you (love, family, friends etc). Each day give thanks for the gift of life.You are blessed
There are two days in the year that you cannot do anything: YESTERDAY & TOMORROW: Only TODAY you can Be Happy, Smile, Dream, Love, Feel, & Be Thankful.
14. May your days be filled with Abundance, Joy and Gratitude to God, for all the gifts you have received and have yet to receive!
– Lisa Ladrido
15. Being in the habit of saying “Thank you,” of making sure that people receive attention so they know you value them, of not presuming that people will always be there–this is a good habit, regardless…make sure to give virtual and actual high-fives to those who rock and rock hard.
– Sarah Wendell, Everything I Know About Love I Learned from Romance Novels
16. Gratitude always comes into play; research shows that people are happier if they are grateful for the positive things in their lives, rather than worrying about what might be missing.
– Dan Buettner, Thrive: Finding Happiness the Blue Zones Way
17. When you express gratitude for the blessings that come into your life, it not only encourages the universe to send you more, it also sees to it that those blessings remain.
Gratitude also opens your eyes to the limitless potential of the universe, while dissatisfaction closes your eyes to it.
– Stephen Richards
18. Gratitude and love are always multiplied when you give freely. It is an infinite source of contentment and prosperous energy.
– Jim Fargiano
19. If we want to keep the blessings of life coming to us, we must learn to be grateful for whatever is given.
– Harold Klemp, The Language of Soul: Keys to Living a More Meaningful Life
20. If we never experience the chill of a dark winter, it is very unlikely that we will ever cherish the warmth of a bright summer’s day. Nothing stimulates our appetite for the simple joys of life more than the starvation caused by sadness or desperation. In order to complete our amazing life journey successfully, it is vital that we turn each and every dark tear into a pearl of wisdom, and find the blessing in every curse.
– Anthon St. Maarten, Divine Living: The Essential Guide To Your True Destiny
21. I got out of bed
on two strong legs.
It might have been
otherwise. I ate
milk, ripe, flawless
peach. It might
have been otherwise.
I took the dog uphill
to the birch wood.
All morning I did
the work I love.
At noon I lay down
with my mate. It might
have been otherwise.
We ate dinner together
at a table with silver
candlesticks. It might
have been otherwise.
I slept in a bed
in a room with paintings
on the walls, and
planned another day
just like this day.
But one day, I know,
it will be otherwise.
– Jane Kenyon
22. I have learned over a period of time to be almost unconsciously grateful–as a child is – for a sunny day, blue water, flowers in a vase, a tree turning red. I have learned to be glad at dawn and when the sky is dark. Only children and a few spiritually evolved people are born to feel gratitude as naturally as they breathe, without even thinking. Most of us come to it step by painful step, to discover that gratitude is a form of acceptance.
– Faith Baldwin, Many Windows, Seasons of the Heart
23. Whatever you appreciate and give thanks for will increase in your life.
– Sanaya Roman, Living with Joy: Keys to Personal Power and Spiritual Transformation
24. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.
– Max Ehrmann
25. For me, every hour is grace. And I feel gratitude in my heart each time I meet someone and look at his or her smile.
– Elie Wiesel
26. All we have is all we need. All we need is the awareness of how blessed we really are.
Forgiveness is a form of gratitude. When we forgive others, we show them the mercy that we have often received and been thankful for.
– Sarah Ban Breathnach
27. The more we give away, the more is given to us.
28. When you lose something in your life, stop thinking it’s a loss for you … it is a gift you have been given so you can get on the right path to where you are meant to go, not to where you think you should have gone.
– Suze Orman
29. No matter how convenient it is for us to reach out to people remotely, sometimes the most important task is to show up in person. (Start Something That Matters)
– Blake Mycoskie
30. Life is no ‘brief candle’ to me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible.
31. That’s what I consider true generosity. You give your all, and yet you feel as if it costs your nothing.
– Simone de Beauvoir
32. Feeling grateful to or appreciative of someone or something in your life actually attracts more of the things that you appreciate and value into your life.
– Christiane Northrup, M.D.
33. The miracle of gratitude is that it shifts your perception to such an extent that it changes the world you see.
– Dr. Robert Holden
34. Most of us lead far more meaningful lives than we know. Often finding meaning is not about doing things differently; it is about seeing familiar things in new ways.
35. When you are grateful – when you can see what you have – you unlock blessings to flow in your life.
– Suze Orman
36. Gratitude for the abundance you have received is the best insurance that the abundance will continue.
37. A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all other virtues.
38. Express gratitude for the difficulties because they are our biggest teachers.
– Gadadhara Pandit Dasa
39. Gratitude is the worlds most beautiful language and the most genuine way for people to interact.
Be grateful always, for everything and everyone, at every moment.
Know your blessings, cherish them and sow more blessings.
Having the ability to help others is a blessing.
Whether the road is smooth or rough, always be grateful to the people who paved the way for us.
If we always face all people and situations with a grateful heart, we will be happy and at peace every day.
Each day I can open my eyes, it is the birth of a new life, a new beginning to start life afresh. (Translated from 只要能張開眼睛，每一天都是我的新生之日，都是我做人的開始。)
40. My hope is that when people who are in pain see that I have a joyful life, they will think, If Nick – without arms and legs – is thankful, then I will be thankful for today, and I will do my best.
– Nick Vujicic
41. When I’m worried and I can’t sleep, I count my blessings instead of sheep.
Got no checkbooks, got no banks. Still I’d like to express my thanks – I’ve got the sun in the mornin’ and the moon at night.
– Irving Berlin
42. When life gets sour … sweeten it with gratitude.
Everyday may not be good, but there is always something good in everyday.
To appreciate the beauty of a snowflake, it is necessary to stand out in the cold.
Sometimes you don’t appreciate what you have because you’re too focused on what you want.
Don’t wait to pray until you need something. Pray and be thankful everyday for your blessings!
– Author Unknown
43. Trade your expectations for appreciation and your whole world changes in an instant!
When you are grateful, fear disappears and abundance appears.
44. No matter what happens in your day, stay focused on gratitude.
45. Choose to see the world through grateful eyes. It will never look the same way again.
– Doe Zantamata
46. Gratitude is the key to life’s abundance.
– Symphony of Love
47. The thankful receiver bears a plentiful harvest.
– William Blake
48. Focus on what you have to be grateful for, not what’s missing. Focus on what you did achieve, not what you didn’t.
49. Look at everything as though you were seeing it for the first or the last time, then your time on earth will be filled with glory.
– Betty Smith
50. Jealousy is the result of counting others’ blessings instead of your own.
– Timber Hawkeye
51. When you give and carry out acts of kindness, it’s as though something inside your body responds and says, ‘Yes, this is how I ought to feel.’
If you concentrate on finding whatever is good in every situation, you will discover that your life will suddenly be filled with gratitude, a feeling that nurtures the soul.
– Rabbi Harold Kushner
52. When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.
– Willie Nelson
53. Appreciation can change a day, even change a life. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary.
– Margaret Cousins
54. If a fellow isn’t thankful for what he’s got, he isn’t likely to be thankful for what he’s going to get.
– Frank A. Clark
55. Make it a habit to tell people thank you. To express your appreciation, sincerely and without the expectation of anything in return. Truly appreciate those around you, and you’ll soon find many others around you. Truly appreciate life, and you’ll find that you have more of it.
Be always deeply thankful for the possibilities, for the beauty, for it all. Abundance grows when it is recognized and appreciated.
– Ralph Marston
56. If you are really thankful, what do you do? You share.
– W. Clement Stone
57. Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving.
– W. T. Purkiser
58. Gratitude is what opens the spiritual doors to all the blessings. Everything becomes clear, you see, you feel, you live.
– Omraam M. Aivanhov
59. Seeds of discouragement cannot take root in a grateful heart.
60. When you look at life through the eyes of gratitude, the world becomes a magical and amazing place.
– Jennifer Gayle
61. Sometimes you have to stop and be grateful for what you have even when you don’t have everything you want.
– Adrian Corday
62. It is not happiness that makes us grateful, it is gratefulness that makes us happy.
– David Steindl-Rast
63. Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul.
The unthankful heart discovers no mercies; but the thankful heart will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings.
64. Gratitude is a powerful antidote for the blues.
You can be angry at life for not giving you all you want. Or you can feel blessed for all you have.
65. Wake up every morning with a thankful attitude. Expect something good to happen in your life today.
Instead of complaining about what’s wrong, be grateful for what’s right.
There’s a lot that is good in your life – don’t take it for granted.
You can’t base your happiness on what you have or don’t have. Learn to be content in every situation.
66. There is a calmness to a life lived in gratitude, a quiet joy.
– Ralph H. Blum
67. Gratitude, rather than complaint, opens the doors to life.
68. Your ability to see beauty and possibility is proportionate to the level at which you embrace gratitude.
69. If you want more from life – start by counting your blessings instead of counting your losses, deficits and wants.
– Bryant McGill
70. The greatest source of happiness is the ability to be grateful at all times.
Look back in forgiveness, forward in hope, compassion and up with gratitude.
Of all the attitudes we can acquire, surely the attitude of gratitude is the most important and by far the most life changing.
– Zig Ziglar
71. Showing gratitude, is beautifying ourselves.
72. Gratitude is a mark of a noble soul and a refined character. We like to be around those who are grateful. They tend to brighten all around them. They make others feel better about themselves.
– Joseph B. Wirthlin
73. Life is fragile, appreciate it.
Gratitude changes the way we look at the world.
Happiness comes to those who appreciate what they already have.
Remember: there is always something to be grateful for.
Gratitude is the door opening to the abundance in life.
Remember to thank the tree for the fruits we ate.
New Year: Getting another chance to make things right, to give more, to love more, and to start embracing life.
– Symphony of Love
74. Be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides.
– Carl Sagan
75. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself.
– Chief Tecumseh
76. If we consciously remind ourselves of our blessings, it should become harder to take them for granted and adapt to them.
– Robert A. Emmons
77. A sense of contentment is a key factor for attaining happiness.
78. Gratitude always comes into play; research shows that people are happier if they are grateful for the positive things in their lives, rather than worrying about what might be missing.
– Dan Buettner
79. Gratitude is absolutely the way to bring more into your life.
80. When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive – to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.
81. I am thankful to all those who said no. It’s because of them, I did it myself.
82. Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow.
83. If all you did was just look for things to appreciate you would live a joyous, spectacular life. If there was nothing else that you ever came to understand other than just look for things to appreciate, it’s the only tool you would ever need to predominantly hook you up with who you really are. That’s all you’d need.
– Abraham Hicks
84. If we magnified blessings as much as we magnify disappointments, we would all be much happier.
– John Wooden
85. When you drink water, think of its source.
– Chinese Proverb
86. The expression of gratitude is a powerful force that generates even more of what we have already received.
87. Gratitude implies humility — a recognition that we could not be who we are or where we are in life without the contributions of others.
– Robert Emmons
88. The man who forgets to be grateful has fallen asleep in life.
89. An attitude of gratitude brings great things.
– Yogi Bhajan
90. He is richest who is content with the least, for content is the wealth of nature.
91. Maybe if we spend just a little time saying “thank you” for what we do have, we won’t have time to dwell on what we lack.
Gratitude is like a magnet; the more grateful you are, the more you will receive to be grateful for.
– Iyanla Vanzant
92. Someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.
– Warren Buffett
93. We would worry less if we praised more. Thanksgiving is the enemy of discontent and dissatisfaction.
– Harry A. Ironside
94. He who is not content with what he has, would not be content with whatever he acquires.
– Swami Parthasarathy
95. Life can be as glorious as we choose it to be. Gratitude changes everything.
– Bronnie Ware
96. Gratitude is a currency that we can mint for ourselves, and spend without fear of bankruptcy.
– Fred De Witt Van Amburgh
97. Embrace the people who have magnified your life at a time when you felt so small. Be grateful for the priceless gift they have given to you.
Do not be discouraged by the distance you still have to travel. Instead, appreciate how many ‘life miles’ you have already covered. Your struggles have changed you into a stronger and better person.
98. If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily.
– Gerald Good
99. Never forget to express your gratitude for the abundance and beauty of your life.
– Debasish Mridha
100. I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.
101. Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
– Robert Brault
102. Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.
103. It is impossible to feel grateful and depressed in the same moment.
– Naomi Williams
104. I am thankful for my struggle because without it, I wouldn’t have stumbled upon my strength.
– Alexandra Elle
105. When you wake up in the morning, let your first thought be one of thanksgiving.
– Michael Bernard Beckwith
106. Be grateful you have a safe and secure place to sleep tonight. Some people don’t have that luxury.
– Kristen Butler
107. Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.
108. My expectations were reduced to zero when I was 21. Everything since then has been a bonus.
– Stephen Hawking, The Science of Second-Guessing, The New York Times, 12 December 2004
109. You may not like the life you have but right now someone is praying for the kind of life you are living.
– Steven Aitchison
110. Meet the moments of your day – no matter how difficult – with gratitude. (Twitter, 3 October 2016)
Even when it’s difficult, there’s always something to be grateful for. (Twitter, 4 October 2017)
– Panache Desai
111. When life is sweet, say thank you and celebrate. When life is bitter, say thank you and grow.
– Shauna Niequist
112. There is nothing that can have a more powerful effect on your mental health than the spirit of thankfulness.
– George Vandeman
113. When you start with nothing, you learn to appreciate everything.
– Anthony Gucciardi
114. I am grateful for the spices that sometimes surprise me in life.
– Katrina Mayer
115. Gratitude is a gracious acknowledgment of all that sustains us, a bow to our blessings, great and small, an appreciation of the moments of good fortune that sustain our life every day. We have so much to be grateful for.
116. I’m not grateful for this or that, I’m grateful.
117. Even our most difficult moments bring us gifts. The trick, of course, is gratitude. Therein will you find both your peace and your joy.
118. Spend less time thinking of what you want, and more time thinking of what you already have. (Twitter, 11 September 2017)
– Kevin Kruse
119. Have no mean hours, but be grateful for every hour, and accept what it brings.
120. Be grateful for the year that has passed, and you will be even more grateful for the year to come. (Twitter, 03 December 2017)
121. Take life day by day, and be grateful for the little things. Don’t get stressed over what you can’t control.
– Author Unknown