H Jackson Brown Jr Love Quotes and Sayings
2. A kiss on the beach when there is a full moon is the closest thing to heaven.
3. Never forget the nine most important words of any family – I love you. You are beautiful. Please forgive me.
4. I’ve learned that you know your husband still loves you when there are two brownies left and he takes the smaller one.
5. Choose your life’s mate carefully. From this one decision will come 90 percent of all your happiness or misery.
6. Life is slippery. We all need a loving hand to hold onto.
7. I’ve learned that it doesn’t matter how your husband squeezes the toothpaste, the important thing is how he squeezes you.
8. Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.
9. Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eyes.
10. You cannot make someone love you. All you can do is be someone who can be loved. The rest is up to them.
11. Never forget the three powerful resources you always have available to you: love, prayer, and forgiveness.
12. When you really like someone, tell them. Sometimes you only get one chance.
Excerpt from Wikipedia: H. Jackson Brown, Jr. is an American author best known for his inspirational book, Life’s Little Instruction Book, which was a New York Times bestseller (1991–1994). Its sequel Life’s Little Instruction Book: Volume 2 also made it to the same best seller list in 1993.
Sayings by H. Jackson Brown Jr.
1. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
2. Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.
3. Remember that everyone you meet is afraid of something, loves something and has lost something.
4. Opportunity dances with those already on the dance floor.
5. Remember that the happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more.
6. You must take action now that will move you towards your goals. Develop a sense of urgency in your life.
7. I’ve learned … That being kind is more important than being right.
8. Life doesn’t require that we be the best, only that we try our best.
9. The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.
10. Every person that you meet knows something you don’t; learn from them.
11. Nothing is more expensive than a missed opportunity.
12. If you kiss someone on the back of the neck, it spreads.
13. Never give up on anybody. Miracles happen everyday.
14. Our character is what we do when we think no one is looking.
15. Instruction for life:
Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk. When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
Follow the three R’s:
– Respect for self.
– Respect for others.
– Responsibility for all your actions.
Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck. Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
16. Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts.
17. Remember that the most valuable antiques are dear old friends.
18. People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they’re not on your road doesn’t mean they’ve gotten lost.
19. If you’re doing your best, you won’t have any time to worry about failure.
20. Never deprive someone of hope it may be all they have.
21. Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity, they think of you.
22. Good manners sometimes means simply putting up with other people’s bad manners.
23. Don’t forget, a person’s greatest emotional need is to feel appreciated.
24. Talent without discipline is like an octopus on roller skates. There’s plenty of movement, but you never know if it’s going to be forward, backwards, or sideways.
25. Always kiss your children goodnight, even if they’re already asleep.
26. When you are angry or frustrated, what comes out? Whatever it is, it’s a good indication of what you’re made of.
27. If you know someone who tries to drown their sorrows, you might tell them sorrows know how to swim.
28. Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know.
29. Your religion is what you do when the sermon is over.
30. When you can’t change the direction of the wind — adjust your sails.
31. In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins, not through strength but by perseverance.
32. Judge your success by the degree that you’re enjoying peace, health, and love.
33. Commit yourself to constant improvement. Commit yourself to quality. Be persistent, persistent, persistent … and have a grateful heart!
34. Remember that children, marriages, and flower gardens reflect the kind of care they get.
35. Success is getting what you want. Happiness is liking what you get.
36. Let the refining and improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others.
37. A racehorse that consistently runs just a second faster than another horse is worth millions of dollars more. Be willing to give that extra effort that separates the winner from the one in second place.
38. Luck marches with those who give their very best.
39. I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the underdog, I still prepare a victory speech.
40. When you have nothing important or interesting to say, don’t let anyone persuade you to say it.
41. Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.
42. No matter how hard you hug your money, it never hugs back.