J M Barrie Love Quotes and Sayings
2. If you have it [love], you don’t need to have anything else, and if you don’t have it, it doesn’t matter much what else you have.
3. Let no one who loves be called altogether unhappy. Even love unreturned has its rainbow.
4. A woman can be anything the man who loves her would have her be.
Excerpt from Wikipedia: Sir James Matthew Barrie, 1st Baronet (9 May 1860 – 19 June 1937) was a Scottish author and dramatist, best remembered today as the creator of Peter Pan. The child of a family of small-town weavers, he was educated in Scotland. He moved to London, where he developed a career as a novelist and playwright. There he met the Llewelyn Davies boys who inspired him in writing about a baby boy who has magical adventures in Kensington Gardens (included in The Little White Bird), then to write Peter Pan, or The Boy Who Wouldn’t Grow Up, a “fairy play” about this ageless boy and an ordinary girl named Wendy who have adventures in the fantasy setting of Neverland. This play quickly overshadowed his previous work and although he continued to write successfully, it became his best-known work, credited with popularising the name Wendy, which was very uncommon previously. Barrie unofficially adopted the Davies boys following the deaths of their parents.
Sayings by J.M. Barrie
1. To die would be an awfully big adventure.
2. I’m not young enough to know everything.
3. Never say goodbye because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting.
4. The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.
5. Dreams do come true, if only we wish hard enough. You can have anything in life if you will sacrifice everything else for it.
6. The reason birds can fly and we can’t is simply because they have perfect faith, for to have faith is to have wings.
7. To live will be an awfully big adventure.
8. Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
9. If growing up means it would be beneath my dignity to climb a tree, I’ll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!
10. Shall we make a new rule of life from tonight: always try to be a little kinder than is necessary?
11. Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.
12. Life is a long lesson in humility.
13. The best place a person can die, is where they die for others.