Jean Anouilh Love Quotes and Sayings
2. Oh, love is real enough; you will find it someday, but it has one archenemy – and that is life.
Sayings by Jean Anouilh
1. Beauty is one of the rare things that do not lead to doubt of God.
2. Life is a wonderful thing to talk about, or to read about in history books – but it is terrible when one has to live it.
3. A genius knows how to make himself easily understood without being obvious about it.
4. A good actor must never be in love with anyone but himself.
5. Are you in earnest? Seize this very minute! Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Only engage, and then the mind grows heated. Begin, and then the work will be completed.
6. Things are beautiful if you love them.
7. Poor little men, poor little cocks! As soon as they’re old enough, they swell their plumage to be conquerors. If they only knew that it’s enough to be just a little bit wounded and sad in order to obtain everything without fighting for it.
8. Men create real miracles when they use their God-given courage and intelligence.
9. Life is very nice, but it lacks form. It’s the aim of art to give it some.
10. Our entire life – consists ultimately in accepting ourselves as we are.
11. Propaganda is a soft weapon; hold it in your hands too long, and it will move about like a snake, and strike the other way.
12. When you are forty, half of you belongs to the past… And when you are seventy, nearly all of you.