Jeanne Moreau Love Quotes and Sayings
2. Women will not talk about football unless one of them is in love with a football player, and then suddenly you discover that they know everything that is to be known about it.
3. I think more and more people want to live alone. You can be a couple without being in each other’s pockets. I don’t see why you have to share the same bathroom.
4. To give and receive love, you have to be in touch with pain, you have to be capable of provoking it and feeling it.
Sayings by Jeanne Moreau
1. Aging gracefully is supposed to mean trying not to hide time passing and just looking a wreck. Don’t worry girls, look like a wreck, that’s the way it goes.
2. All those vitamins aren’t to keep death at bay, they’re to keep deterioration at bay.
3. As a matter of principle, I always come to a film like a blank slate, I don’t learn my lines in advance. With this approach, I feel clean.
4. Acting deals with very delicate emotions. It is not putting up a mask. Each time an actor acts he does not hide; he exposes himself.
5. I don’t think success is harmful, as so many people say. Rather, I believe it indispensable to talent, if for nothing else than to increase the talent.
6. As long as you don’t make waves, ripples, life seems easy. But that’s condemning yourself to impotence and death before you are dead.
7. Being an actress is to be in tune with the fantasies of a man. What woman never dreamt of that?
8. Beyond the beauty, the sex, the titillation, the surface, there is a human being. And that has to emerge.
9. Characters who are on screen from start to finish are not necessarily the ones who have the greatest impact.
10. Death is an absolute mystery. We are all vulnerable to it, it’s what makes life interesting and suspenseful.
11. I am subject to very powerful lows. When you have highs, you have terrible lows. When you pinpoint that you are responsible for everything that happens to you, it is very frightening.
12. I can’t belong to groups. I’ve tried. I behave normally, but people don’t look at me normally.
13. I don’t feel guilt. Whatever I wish to do, I do.
14. I don’t like going where I’ve already been. Life is a myriad of territories to discover. I don’t want to waste time with what I already know.
15. I don’t like the idea of separating life and work. That notion seems dated and a bit alien to me.
16. I’m always amazed when young women who are having babies want their husbands to watch the babies come out. I would never allow anything like that.
17. If you get trapped in the idea that what is most important is what image of yourself you’re giving to the world, you’re on a dangerous path.
18. If you want to live your life through to the end, you have to live dangerously.
19. It’s just as idiotic to say there is no life after death as it is to say there is one.
20. My aim in life is not to judge.
21. My face has changed with the years and has enough history in it to give audiences something to work with.
22. My life is very exciting now. Nostalgia for what? It’s like climbing a staircase. I’m on the top of the staircase, I look behind and see the steps. That’s where I was. We’re here right now. Tomorrow, we’ll be someplace else. So why nostalgia?
23. One thing you have to give up is attaching importance to what people see in you.
24. People’s opinions don’t interfere with me.
25. Something pretty… that’s just the surface. People worry so much about aging, but you look younger if you don’t worry about it.
26. To go out with the setting sun on an empty beach is to truly embrace your solitude.
27. When you live under the power of terror and segregation, you can’t ever start a work of art.
28. You should not separate your life from what you do.