Jim Rohn Love Quote and Inspiring Sayings
Inspiring Sayings by Jim Rohn
1. A good objective of leadership is to help those who are doing poorly to do well and to help those who are doing well to do even better.
2. Affirmation without discipline is the beginning of delusion.
3. Better understated than overstated. Let people be surprised that it was more than you promised and easier than you said.
4. Character isn’t something you were born with and can’t change, like your fingerprints. It’s something you weren’t born with and must take responsibility for forming.
5. Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.
6. Don’t just read the easy stuff. You may be entertained by it, but you will never grow from it.
7. Don’t wish it were easier, wish you were better.
8. Effective communication is 20% what you know and 80% how you feel about what you know.
9. Either you run the day or the day runs you.
10. Failure is not a single, cataclysmic event. You don’t fail overnight. Instead, failure is a few errors in judgement, repeated every day.
11. Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.
12. Give whatever you are doing and whoever you are with the gift of your attention.
13. Giving is better than receiving because giving starts the receiving process.
14. Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.
15. Ideas can be life-changing. Sometimes all you need to open the door is just one more good idea.
16. If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.
17. If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.
18. If you don’t like how things are, change it! You’re not a tree.
19. It doesn’t matter which side of the fence you get off on sometimes. What matters most is getting off. You cannot make progress without making decisions.
20. Let others lead small lives, but not you. Let others argue over small things, but not you. Let others cry over small hurts, but not you. Let others leave their future in someone else’s hands, but not you.
21. Maturity is the ability to reap without apology and not complain when things don’t go well.
22. Some people plant in the spring and leave in the summer. If you’re signed up for a season, see it through. You don’t have to stay forever, but at least stay until you see it through.
23. Success is doing ordinary things extraordinarily well.
24. Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.
25. The difficulties you meet will resolve themselves as you advance. Proceed, and light will dawn, and shine with increasing clearness on your path.
26. The few who do are the envy of the many who only watch.
27. The major value in life is not what you get. The major value in life is what you become.
28. The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keeps out the joy.
29. There are only 3 colors, 10 digits, and 7 notes; its what we do with them that’s important.
30. Things that I felt absolutely sure of but a few years ago, I do not believe now. This thought makes me see more clearly how foolish it would be to expect all men to agree with me.
31. Time is more value than money. You can get more money, but you cannot get more time.
32. To solve any problem, here are three questions to ask yourself: First, what could I do? Second, what could I read? And third, who could I ask?
33. We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret or disappointment.
34. When you know what you want, and want it bad enough, you will find a way to get it.
35. Whoever renders service to many puts himself in line for greatness – great wealth, great return, great satisfaction, great reputation, and great joy.
36. Without a sense of urgency, desire loses its value.
37. You cannot change your destination overnight, but you can change your direction overnight.
38. You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself. That is something you have charge of.
39. Days are expensive. When you spend a day you have one less day to spend. So make sure you spend each one wisely.
40. The best motivation is self-motivation. The guy says, ‘I wish someone would come by and turn me on.’ What if they don’t show up? You’ve got to have a better plan for your life.”
41. The key factor that will determine your financial future is not the economy; the key factor is your philosophy.
42. We get paid for bringing value to the marketplace. It takes time to bring value to the marketplace, but we get paid for the value, not the time.
43. If you learn to set a good sail, the wind that blows will always take you to the dreams you want, the income you want, and the treasures of mind, purse, and soul you want.
44. Don’t become a victim of yourself. Forget about the thief waiting in the alley; what about the thief in your mind?
45. Character is a quality that embodies many important traits, such as integrity, courage, perseverance, confidence and wisdom. Unlike your fingerprints that you are born with and can’t change, character is something that you create within yourself and must take responsibility for changing.
46. Your life doesn’t get better by chance, it gets better by change.
47. It is not what happens that determines the major part of your future. What happens, happens to us all. It is what you do about what happens that counts.
48. If you talk to your children, you can help them to keep their lives together. If you talk to them skillfully, you can help them to build future dreams.
49. Life is part positive and part negative. Suppose you went to hear a symphony orchestra and all they played were the little, happy, high notes? Would you leave soon? Let me hear the rumble of the bass, the crash of the cymbals, and the minor keys.
50. You don’t have to change that much for it to make a great deal of difference. A few simple disciplines can have a major impact on how your life works out in the next 90 days, let alone in the next 12 months or the next 3 years.
51. Happiness is not an accident. Nor is it something you wish for. Happiness is something you design.
52. Two things I ask my daughters to have: The highest respect for all life and unusual kindness.
53. Develop a childlike fascination with life and people.
54. No one else ‘makes us angry.’ We make ourselves angry when we surrender control of our attitude.
55. If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.
56. The greatest definition for concentration I ever heard is, “Wherever you are, be there!”
57. The best advice I ever came across on the subject of concentration is: wherever you are, be there.
58. Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.
59. Make sure the outside of you is a good reflection of the inside of you.