Dr. John Gray Love Quotes and Sayings
2. To love someone is to acknowledge the goodness of who they are. Through loving a person we awaken their awareness of their own innate goodness. It is as though they cannot know how worthy they are until they look into the mirror of our love and see themselves.
3. When a man can listen to woman’s feelings without getting angry and frustrated, he gives her a wonderful gift. He makes it safe for her to express herself. The more she is able to express herself, the more she feels heard and understood, and the more she is able to give a man the loving trust, acceptance, appreciation, admiration, approval, and encouragement that he needs.
4. Men feel cherished when they are needed. Women feel cherished when they are loved.
5. If we are to feel the positive feelings of love, happiness, trust, and gratitude, we periodically also have to feel anger, sadness, fear, and sorrow.
Dr. John Gray, author of the New York Times number one best-selling book of the last decade book ‘Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus.’ The book has sold over 50 million books in 50 different languages.
Sayings by Dr. John Gray
1. A women under stress is not immediately concerned with finding solutions to her problems but rather seeks relief by expressing herself and being understood.
2. Men are motivated and empowered when they feel needed. Women are motivated and empowered when they feel cherished.
3. All men and women have an equal need for love. When these needs are not fulfilled it is easy to have our feelings hurt, for which we blame our partner.
4. To offer a man unsolicited advice is to presume that he doesn’t know what to do or that he can’t do it on his own.
5. The process of learning requires not only hearing and applying but also forgetting and then remembering again.
6. I think there was a lot of wounding that happened as a child because I didn’t really feel like I could go to my father, because I had to hide things and protect myself from my father, because he was the punisher. If your child can’t come to you with their problems or they have to hide their mistakes from you, that’s going to be a bit of a trauma for your child. And depending on how much punishment they get, the more trauma there is.
7. Men are motivated when they feel needed while women are motivated when they feel cherished.
8. If I seek to fulfill my own needs at the expense of my partner, we are sure to experience unhappiness, resentment, and conflict. The secret of forming a successful relationship is for both partners to win.