Julia Child Love Quotes and Sayings
2. Find something you’re passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it.
3. Remember, ‘No one’s more important than people’! In other words, friendship is the most important thing – not career or housework, or one’s fatigue – and it needs to be tended and nurtured.
4. We had a happy marriage because we were together all the time. We were friends as well as husband and wife. We just had a good time.
5. You are the butter to my bread, and the breath to my life.
6. I think careful cooking is love, don’t you? The loveliest thing you can cook for someone who’s close to you is about as nice a valentine as you can give.
7. The secret of a happy marriage is finding the right person. You know they’re right if you love to be with them all the time.
Sayings by Julia Child
1. The only time to eat diet food is while you’re waiting for the steak to cook.
2. The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you’ve got to have a what-the-hell attitude.
3. This is my invariable advice to people: Learn how to cook- try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless, and above all have fun!
4. How can a nation be called great if its bread tastes like kleenex?
5. … nothing is too much trouble if it turns out the way it should.
6. Everything in moderation … including moderation.
7. You don’t have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces – just good food from fresh ingredients.
8. Until I discovered cooking, I was never really interested in anything.
9. … no one is born a great cook, one learns by doing.
10. You never forget a beautiful thing that you have made,’ [Chef Bugnard] said. ‘Even after you eat it, it stays with you – always.
11. One of the secrets, and pleasures, of cooking is to learn to correct something if it goes awry; and one of the lessons is to grin and bear it if it cannot be fixed.
12. Just like becoming an expert in wine – you learn by drinking it, the best you can afford–you learn about great food by finding the best there is, whether simply or luxurious. The you savor it, analyze it, and discuss it with your companions, and you compare it with other experiences.
13. The sweetness and generosity and politeness and gentleness and humanity of the French had shown me how lovely life can be if one takes time to be friendly.
14. Drama is very important in life: You have to come on with a bang. You never want to go out with a whimper.
15. Animals that we eat are raised for food in the most economical way possible, and the serious food producers do it in the most humane way possible. I think anyone who is a carnivore needs to understand that meat does not originally come in these neat little packages.
16. I think the inner person is the most important . . . I would like to see an invention that keeps the mind alert. That’s what is important