Kathryn Stockett Love Quotes and Sayings
2. Stuart needs “space” and “time,” as if this were physics and not a human relationship.
3. What a dichotomy. What conflicting ideas that we love and embrace these women, and entrust them to raise our children and to feed us and to bathe us, but we keep something as silly as a bathroom separate.
Excerpt from Wikipedia: Kathryn Stockett is an American novelist. She is known for her 2009 debut novel, The Help, which is about African American maids working in white households in Jackson, Mississippi during the 1960s.
Sayings by Kathryn Stockett
1. You is kind. You is smart. You is important.
2. Ever morning, until you dead in the ground, you gone have to make this decision. You gone have to ask yourself, “Am I gone believe what them fools say about me today?
3. All I’m saying is, kindness don’t have no boundaries.
4. All my life I’d been told what to believe about politics, coloreds, being a girl. But with Constantine’s thumb pressed in my hand, I realized I actually had a choice in what I could believe.
5. That was the day my whole world went black. Air looked black. Sun looked black. I laid up in bed and stared at the black walls of my house….Took three months before I even looked out the window, see the world still there. I was surprised to see the world didn’t stop.
6. If you in the morning Throw minutes away, you can’t pick them up in the course of a day. You may hurry and scurry, and flurry and worry, you’ve lost them forever, forever and aye.
7. They say it’s like true love, good help. you only get one in a lifetime…..there is so much you don’t know about a person. I wonder if I could’ve made her days a little bit easier, if I’d tried. If I’d treated her a little nicer.
8. The point is, I can’t tell you how to succeed. But I can tell you how not to: Give in to the shame of being rejected and put your manuscript—or painting, song, voice, dance moves—in the coffin that is your bedside drawer and close it for good. I guarantee you that it won’t take you anywhere.