Love Quotes and Sayings
X

Lou Holtz Inspiring Quotes and Sayings

Skip the intro and go directly to Lou Holtz Inspiring Quotes and Sayings

Excerpt from Wikipedia: Louis Leo “Lou” Holtz (born January 6, 1937) is a retired American football coach, and active sportscaster, author, and motivational speaker. He served as the head football coach at The College of William & Mary (1969–1971), North Carolina State University (1972–1975), the University of Arkansas (1977–1983), the University of Minnesota (1984–1985), the University of Notre Dame (1986–1996), and the University of South Carolina (1999–2004), compiling a career record of 249–132–7. Holtz’s 1988 Notre Dame team went 12–0 with a victory in the Fiesta Bowl and was the consensus national champion. Holtz is the only college football coach to lead six different programs to bowl games and the only coach to guide four different programs to the final top 20 rankings.
_____________________________________

Inspiring Quotes and Sayings by Lou Holtz

1. It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it.

2. When all is said and done, more is said than done.

3. You’ll never get ahead of anyone as long as you try to get even with him.

4. You’re never as good as everyone tells you when you win, and you’re never as bad as they say when you lose.

5. Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.

6. Never tell your problems to anyone … 20% don’t care and the other 80% are glad you have them.

7. If you’re bored with life, if you don’t get up every morning with a burning desire to do things, you don’t have enough goals.

8. Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it.

9. Your talent determines what you can do. Your motivation determines how much you are willing to do. Your attitude determines how well you do it.

10. Don’t ever promise more than you can deliver, but always deliver more than you promise.

11. Winners and losers aren’t born, they are the products of how they think.

12. Do right. Do your best. Treat others as you want to be treated.

13. In this world you’re either growing or you’re dying so get in motion and grow.

14. I never learn anything talking. I only learn things when I ask questions.

15. You were not born a winner, and you were not born a loser. You are what you make yourself be.

16. Without self-discipline, success is impossible, period.

17. I follow three rules: Do the right thing, do the best you can, and always show people you care. You’ve got to make a sincere attempt to have the right goals to begin with, then go after them with appropriate effort, and remember that you can’t really achieve anything great without the help of others.

18. Adversity is another way to measure the greatness of individuals. I never had a crisis that didn’t make me stronger.

19. Motivation is simple. You eliminate those who are not motivated.

20. It is a fine thing to have ability, but the ability to discover ability in others is the true test.

21. If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven’t done anything today.

22. Show me someone who has done something worthwhile, and I’ll show you someone who has overcome adversity.

23. No one has ever drowned in sweat.

24. Don’t be a spectator, don’t let life pass you by.

25. I think everyone should experience defeat at least once during their career. You learn a lot from it.

26. The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren’t in a very good mood.

27. It’s not my job to motivate players. They bring extraordinary motivation to our program. It’s my job not to de-motivate them.

28. I think that we have opportunities all around us – sometimes we just don’t recognize them.