Margaret Atwood Love Quotes and Sayings
2. Love blurs your vision; but after it recedes, you can see more clearly than ever. It’s like the tide going out, revealing whatever’s been thrown away and sunk: broken bottles, old gloves, rusting pop cans, nibbled fishbodies, bones. This is the kind of thing you see if you sit in the darkness with open eyes, not knowing the future.
3. I would like to be the air that inhabits you for a moment only. I would like to be that unnoticed and that necessary.
While she may be best known for her work as a novelist, she is also an award winning poet, having published 15 books of poetry to date. Many of her poems have been inspired by myths, and fairy tales, which were an interest of hers from an early age. Atwood has also published short stories in Tamarack Review, Alphabet, Harper’s, CBC Anthology, Ms., Saturday Night, Playboy, and many other magazines.
Sayings by Margaret Atwood
1. An eye for an eye only leads to more blindness.
2. I hope that people will finally come to realize that there is only one ‘race’ – the human race – and that we are all members of it.
3. To take that risk, to offer life and remain alive, open yourself like this and become whole.
4. If I waited for perfection, I would never write a word.
5. Because I am a mother, I am capable of being shocked; as I never was when I was not one.