Melody Beattie Love Quotes and Sayings
2. “You don’t blast a heart open,” she said. “You coax and nurture it open, like the sun does to a rose.”
3. We decided that sooner or later you had to learn to live without almost everybody, at least for a while. Even people you didn’t think you could live without. Love always found itself again.
4. The greatest gift we can bring to any relationship wherever we go is being who we are.
Excerpt from Wikipedia: Melody Beattie is the author of Codependent No More, published in 1987 by the Hazelden Foundation. The book was successful and influential within the self-help movement, selling over eight million copies and introducing the word codependent to the general public.
Following the success of Codependent No More, Beattie authored over a dozen other books, including Beyond Codependency and The Language of Letting Go. Her most recent book is Make Miracles in Forty Days: Turning What You Have Into What You Want, published in 2010. Several of her books have been published in other languages.
Sayings by Melody Beattie
1. A man went to Istanbul, his first visit there. On his way to a business meeting, this man lost his way. He began raging at himself for getting lost, until a realization allowed him to transcend his ire. “How can I be lost? I’ve never been here before?
2. Beliefs create reality.
3. I trust so much in the power of the heart and the soul; I know that the answer to what we need to do next is in our own hearts. All we have to do is listen, then take that one step further and trust what we hear. We will be taught what we need to learn.
4. Live your life from your heart. Share from your heart. And your story will touch and heal people’s souls.
5. Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow.
6. Other people may be there to help us, teach us, guide us along our path, but the lesson to be learned is always ours.
7. Like it or not, i was already learning that in the worst and darkest time, I would find specks of light, moments of joy. What I didn’t want to learn was the other, harsher lesson – that in life’s brightest moments there would also be unbearable pain.
8. I used to spend so much time reacting and responding to everyone else that my life had no direction. Other people’s lives, problems, and wants set the course for my life. Once I realized it was okay for me to think about and identify what I wanted, remarkable things began to take place in my life.
9. Today, I will not wait for others to see and care; I will take responsibility for being aware of my pain and problems, and caring about myself.
10. We do not lead others into the Light by stepping into the darkness with them.
11. When you let go of fear and the need to control, you’ll experience how mysterious, sacred, and interesting life can be.
12. Believing that things happen too slowly or too quickly is an illusion. Timing is perfect.
13. Whatever we try to control does have control over us and our life.
14. Change your perspective and enjoy the adventure. Let the child in you come out to play.
15. Cherish the hope that lies beneath the snow.
Connect to Melody Beattie