Miriam Makeba Love Quotes and Sayings
2. Ours was a marriage, a love affair – the land would nurture us, and we would honor the land. But the land was too rich and too good. The powerful and greedy invaders saw this at once.
Sayings by Miriam Makeba
1. Age is getting to know all the ways the world turns, so that if you cannot turn the world the way you want, you can at least, get out of the way so you won’t get run over.
2. I look at an ant and l see myself: a native South African, endowed by nature with a strength much greater than my size so I might cope with the weight of a racism that crushes my spirit.
3. I look at a stream and I see myself: a native South African, flowing irresistibly over hard obstacles until they become smooth and, one day, disappear — flowing from an origin that has been forgotten toward an end that will never be.
4. Age is … wisdom, if one has lived one’s life properly.
5. I have to go and say farewell to all the countries that I have been to, if I can. I am 73 now, it is taxing on me.
6. But if you are going to wear blinders then you do not know the world.
7. Girls are the future mothers of our society, and it is important that we focus on their well-being.
8. In the mind, in the heart, I was always home. I always imagined, really, going back home.
9. There are a lot of homes for boys, but very few for girls, that is why I chose to do for girls.
10. You are damned and praised, or encouraged or discouraged by those who listen to you, and those who come to applaud you. And to me, those people are very important.
11. Which goes to show you, you can make all the laws you want, but you cannot change people’s ways. If you must change them, you have to understand that it will take a long time.