Over 90+ Positive Thinking Quotes and Sayings
If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, would you ever think another negative thought? Consciously remind yourself on positive thinking and thinking only of beautiful thoughts and as Joyce Meyer said, “… there will be no room for the ugly ones.” These are more than 70 positive thinking quotes and sayings to uplift you when you are going through challenging times.
1. Think beautiful thoughts and there will be no room for the ugly ones.
Our thoughts create the mold for our actions.
Expect something good to happen to you today!
2. You have to feed your mind daily with the good, clean, pure, powerful and positive.
You can change what you are and where you are by changing what goes into your mind.
– Zig Ziglar
3. A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes.
4. Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results.
– Willie Nelson
5. Our thoughts are powerful, and what we think and feel is what we create.
– Dr. Bradley Nelson
6. In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
– Francis Bacon
7. Positive people have made up their mind to enjoy life. They focus on the possibility – not the problem.
Get up every morning and remind yourself, “I’m ready for anything that comes my way.”
You have what you need to succeed. Don’t let people and negative thoughts keep you from stepping in to your destiny.
You cannot expect to live a positive life if you hang with negative people.
Instead of thinking about all the reasons you have to feel sorry for yourself, you’ve got to take the hand you’ve been dealt and make the most of it.
Today, choose to be happy choose to look on the bright side.
You can’t talk mediocrity and expect to have victory. You are prophesying your future. If you want a shift to occur, you’ve got to think positive.
You may think there is a lot wrong with you, but there is also a lot right with you.
Instead of being discouraged by opposition, be encouraged knowing that on the other side of that difficulty is a new level of your destiny.
Don’t focus on where you are today. Keep a positive vision and see yourself fulfilling your destiny.
8. Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.
9. Since everything is a reflection of our minds, everything can be changed by our minds.
Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and think about what could go right.
Life is like a rainbow, you need both the sun and the rain to make its colors appear.
Focus on problems, you have more problems. Focus on possibilities, you have more opportunities.
A positive mind finds opportunity in everything while a negative mind finds fault in everything.
– Author Unknown
10. Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?
11. The wound is the place where the light enters you.
12. Men are not prisoners of fate, but only prisoners of their own minds.
– Franklin D. Roosevelt
13. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight.
14. I have come to accept the bumpy roads of life; they seem to lead to the best places.
15. Be mindful of your self-talk. It’s a conversation with the universe.
– David James Lees
16. It’s up to us to create the world we want to live in, and we all have the power to do so if we set our minds to it.
17. Encourage yourself, believe in yourself, and love yourself. Never doubt who you are.
– Stephanie Lahart, Overcoming Life’s Obstacles
18. We see the world through the mirror of our own being.
The picture of the world is not the look of it. It is our way of looking.
If you and I are having a single thought of violence or hatred against anyone in the world at this moment, we are contributing to the wounding of the world.
The way you think, the way you behave, the way you eat, can influence your life by 30 to 50 years.
Our thoughts shape our perceptions. Our perceptions shape our reality.
19. Few things in the world are more powerful than a positive push. A smile. A world of optimism and hope. A ‘you can do it’ when things are tough.
– Richard M. DeVos
20. Our thoughts and actions create our destiny of heaven or hell.
Take good care of our mindset, then only we could really care for others.
To end the disasters of the world, we must improve the human mind.
Life is filled with pain and sufferings, but also with hope and love.
21. I release other people’s fears and limitations. I think my own loving thoughts.
22. Heaven and hell aren’t places, but states. You don’t need to die to know both.
Negative thoughts, if not resisted, soon become the only way to see the world.
23. Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.
24. Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim.
25. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
– Regina Brett, 45 Lessons Life Taught Me
26. Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.
27. We can throw stones, complain about them, stumble on them, climb over them, or build with them.
When we seek to discover the best in others, we somehow bring out the best in ourselves.
28. If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.
Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.
I have become my own version of an optimist. If I can’t make it through one door, I’ll go through another door – or I’ll make a door. Something terrific will come no matter how dark the present.
29. In order to carry out a positive action we must first develop a positive vision.
When I wake in the morning I make a wish to be useful to others.
Choose to be optimistic, it feels better.
The ultimate source of happiness is our mental attitude.
I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest.
30. We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
31. Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem and turned it into an opportunity.
– Joseph Sugarman
32. I already know what giving up feels like. I want to see what happens if I don’t.
– Neila Rey
33. What really matters is what you do with what you have.
– H.G. Wells
34. Look up to the sky. You’ll never find rainbows if you’re looking down.
– Charlie Chaplin, Swing Little Girl
35. The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain!
36. Eliminate every thought or emotion that does not bring more peace, joy, or love into your experience.
If you remember to laugh in the bad times knowing that some good must come out of them, you will see the good. (Twitter, 18 April 2018)
– Iyanla Vanzant
37. Although I cannot move and I have to speak through a computer, in my mind I am free.
– Stephen Hawking
38. Just because you are happy it does not mean that the day is perfect but that you have looked beyond its imperfections.
39. I give myself a good cry if I need it, but then I concentrate on all good things still in my life.
40. The magnitude of your life is proportional to the magnitude of your thoughts.
Today, fill your cup of life with sunshine and laughter.
41. We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
42. The more man meditates upon good thoughts, the better will be his world and the world at large.
43. I like the night. Without the dark, we’d never see the stars.
– Stephenie Meyer
44. I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars.
45. If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think a negative thought. They can be a powerful influence for good when they’re on the positive side, and they can and do make you physically ill when they’re on the negative side. I don’t eat junk foods and I don’t think junk thoughts! Let me tell you, junk thoughts can destroy you even more quickly than junk food. Junk thoughts are something to be wary of.
– Peace Pilgrim
46. What we fear doing most is usually what we most need to do.
– Timothy Ferriss
47. Because you are alive, everything is possible.
Our practice is to cultivate good seeds in the soil of our mind, knowing that they will mature and bloom in their own time.
48. What’s the autumn? A second spring when every leaf’s a flower.
– Albert Camus, The Misunderstanding (Le Malentendu)
49. Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.
50. Making things positive doesn’t mean a sunny outlook; it means making the choice to see problems as opportunities. Every problem and difficult situation is embedded with a solution – the adventure lies in finding the solution.
– Brahma Kumaris
51. Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.
52. Seek out the good in the bad, the happy in your sad, the gain in your pain, what make you grateful, not hateful.
53. Look for the good in every person and every situation. You’ll almost always find it.
– Brian Tracy
54. The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
55. Defeat is not defeat unless accepted as a reality – in your own mind.
56. The main trouble with despair is that it is self-fulfilling.
People who fear the worst tend to invite it. Heads that are down can’t scan the horizon for new openings. Bursts of energy do not spring from a spirit of defeat. Ultimately, helplessness leads to hopelessness.
– Norman Cousins
57. The way you look at things is the most powerful force in shaping your life.
– John O’Donohue, Anam Cara: A Book of Celtic Wisdom
58. If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.
59. Light is creation. Darkness is the space necessary to create.
– Erica Jasmin Cartaya
60. Hell and heaven are not geographical places. They merely indicate the states of the human mind.
– Swami Parthasarathy
61. Don’t wait for things to get better to feel better; start to feel better now and things will get better.
One of the secrets to be happy is being positive.
Make positive thinking our way of life.
The hardest part of a journey is in the mind. If you can believe in it, you can achieve it.
– Symphony of Love
62. Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are.
What we focus on in our minds we will experience in our lives.
63. If you look the right way, you can see that the whole world is a garden.
– Frances Hodgson Burnett
64. Take the stones people throw at you and use them to build a monument.
Better to be an optimist who gets disappointed than a pessimist who has no hope.
Our minds are shaped by the books we read. Our characters, by the people we meet. Our spirits by the love we give. (Twitter, 25 November 2017)
– Robin Sharma
65. During the deepest darkest night, act as if morning has already come.
– The Talmud
66. When passing through the storms of life, please remember:
1. It could be worse
2. It will get better.
Thoughts turn into actions. Actions turn into habits. Habits turn into your life. Think well to live well.
– Doe Zantamata
67. When you come out of the storm you won’t be the same person that walked in. That’s what the storm is all about.
– Haruki Murakami
68. What seems to be a problem or block is often really a blessing in disguise.
– Doreen Virtue
69. Optimism is a happiness magnet. If you stay positive, good things and good people will be drawn to you.
– Mary Lou Retton
70. If the wind will not serve, take to the oars. To me, every hour of the light and dark is a miracle.
71. Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.
– Maori Proverb
72. Happiness really comes down to two elements: the way we think and the way we act.
– Jess Ainscough
73. What you focus on expands. Focus on the positive.
– T. Harv Eker
74. And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow.
75. It isn’t what you have or who you are or where you are or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about it.
– Dale Carnegie
76. It’s not who you are that holds you back, it’s who you think you’re not.
Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer.
77. It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.
– Aristotle Onassis
78. Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done.
– Louis D. Brandeis
79. Your mind is not a cage. It’s a garden. And it requires cultivating.
– Libba Bray
80. The mind is the friend of those who have control over it, and the mind acts like an enemy for those who do not control it.
– Bhagavad Gita
81. There is a crack, a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.
– Leonard Cohen, Anthem
82. You are creating your future with every passing thought. Plant the best seeds.
– Bronnie Ware
83. A man sooner or later discovers that he is the master-gardener of his soul, the director of his life.
A man is literally what he thinks, his character being the complete sum of all his thoughts.
Every thought seed sown or allowed to fall into the mind, and to take root there, produces its own, blossoming sooner or later into act, and bearing its own fruitage of opportunity and circumstance. Good thoughts bear good fruit, bad thoughts bad fruit.
84. How you think about a problem is more important than the problem itself. So always think positively.
When obstacles or difficulties arise, the positive thinker takes them as creative opportunities. He welcomes the challenge of a tough problem and looks for ways to turn it to advantage.
85. Nurture your mind with great thoughts, for you will never go any higher than you think.
I am prepared for the worst, but hope for the best.
86. Nothing exists in the world which did not first exist as pure thought.
87. The truth is, no matter what your current circumstances, if you can imagine something better for yourself, you can create it.
– John Assaraf
88. The way you think determines the way you feel, and the way you feel determines the way you act.
89. … for there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. (Hamlet)
– William Shakespeare
90. I’m okay with what I ultimately can’t do because there is so much that I can do.
– Sam Berns
91. The work is mental yoga. Work your mind, and the body will follow; it doesn’t have a choice. Test this.
Life is simple. It’s what we believe about life that complicates it.
92. Sunsets are proof that endings can often be beautiful too.
– Beau Taplin
93. No one doubts – certainly not I – that the mind exercises a powerful influence over the body.
94. Every day holds the possibility of a miracle.
– Elizabeth David
95. Sunsets are proof that no matter what happens, every day can end beautifully.
– Kristen Butler
96. For it all depends on how we look at things, and not on how they are in themselves.
97. Sometimes when you’re in a dark place you think you’ve been buried, but you’ve actually been planted. Be patient … your time to grow is coming! (Facebook, 9 January 2016)
– Christine Caine
98. In every difficult situation lies the gift of growth. Stay focused on finding that gift. (Twitter, 10 March 2018)
– Marie Forleo