Rick Warren Love Quotes and Sayings
2. The best use of life is love. The best expression of love is time. The best time to love is now.
3. It’s not what you do, but how much love you put into it that matters.
4. Life minus love equals zero.
Excerpt from Wikipedia: Richard Duane “Rick” Warren (born January 28, 1954) is an American evangelical Christian pastor and author. He is the founder and senior pastor of Saddleback Church, an evangelical megachurch located in Lake Forest, California, currently the eighth-largest church in the United States (this ranking includes multi-site churches). He is also a bestselling author of many Christian books, including his guide to church ministry and evangelism, The Purpose Driven Church, which has spawned a series of conferences on Christian ministry and evangelism. He is perhaps best known for the subsequent devotional The Purpose Driven Life which has sold over 30 million copies, making Warren a New York Times bestselling author.
Sayings by Rick Warren
1. We are products of our past, but we don’t have to be prisoners of it.
2. Resentment always hurts you more than it does the person you resent. While your offender has probably forgotten the offense and gone on with life, you continue to stew in your pain, perpetuating the past. Listen: those who hurt you in the past cannot continue to hurt you now unless you hold on to the pain through resentment. Your past is past! Nothing will change it. You are only hurting yourself with your bitterness. For your own sake, learn from it, and then let it go.
3. Forgiveness must be immediate, whether or not a person asks for it. Trust must be rebuilt over time. Trust requires a track record.
4. Other people are going to find healing in your wounds. Your greatest life messages and your most effective ministry will come out of your deepest hurts.
5. Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it’s thinking of yourself less.
6. Why is this happening to me? Why am I having such a difficult time? One answer is that life is supposed to be difficult! It’s what enables us to grow.
7. If you have felt hopeless, hold on! Wonderful changes are going to happen in your life as you begin to live it on purpose.
8. Frankness is not a license to say anything you want, wherever and whenever you want. It is not rudeness.
#9 Twitter, 20 December 2016
9. Humility is not denying your strengths, but accepting your weaknesses.
10. The way you think determines the way you feel, and the way you feel determines the way you act.
11. Those who follow the crowd usually get lost in it. I don’t know all the keys to success, but one key to failure is to try to please everyone.
12. The truth is, almost everything we do is done poorly when we first start doing it – that’s how we learn.
13. While it is wise to learn from experience, it is wiser to learn from the experiences of others.
14. You can’t grow strong without resistance.
15. Knowing your purpose gives meaning to your life.
16. Nothing shapes your life more than the commitments you choose to make.
#17 Twitter, 13 Sep 2015
17. Admitting your mistakes doesn’t make you weak. It makes you credible.
#18 Twitter, 29 November 2016
18. Every great comeback first requires a setback. What you’re going through is a season of life, not the end of your life.