Robert Sexton Love Quotes and Poems
2. There is no moment of my life when you are not a part of me; you hold my heart; you guard my soul; you guide my dreams so tenderly and if my will might be done, and all I long for could come true, with perfect joy I would choose to share eternity with you.
3. In a time when nothing is more certain than change, the commitment of two people to one another has become difficult and rare. Yet, by its scarcity, the beauty and value of this exchange have only been enhanced.
4. I will ask no more of life than this: that I might love you through all my days, and that you may find both peace and joy in the constancy of my heart.
5. Across the years I will walk with you – in deep green forests; on shores of sand: and when our time on earth is through, in heaven, too, you will have my hand.
6. Through all of our seasons this will be certain; this will be constant, shining and true:
with the gift of your heart you gave my life meaning; and I’ll spend a lifetime cherishing you.
7. And we shall walk through all our days with love remembered and love renewed.
Excerpt from Robert Sexton’s website: Robert lives in a small town north of San Francisco for eight months each year; the rest of his time is spent at his home outside Paris. He writes every day, and typically spends four hours drawing, which he does only by natural daylight. He continues to cherish his relationships with his family and friends and to believe in the importance of that place in the heart we all call “home.”
The technique Robert uses for all of his work is known as stippling, which is the composition of a work one dot at a time.
Poems by Robert Sexton
And we shall walk
through all our days
with love remembered
and love renewed.
In Our Time
…And when we grow old
I will find two chairs
and set them close each sun-lit day,
that you and I – in quiet joy –
may rock the world away.
A Mother’s Gift
She gave me love, as well as life;
so whatever goodness I may bring to Earth
began with the gift of my mother’s heart.
Partners in Joy
If you could see yourself through my eyes –
your warmth and your wonder;
your winsome surprise;
your beauty and brightness; the joy you impart – you’d know why you’ll always be dear to my heart.
I will never forget
Its gentle warmth
will continue to glow,
these days have passed.
You have been
a gift to my spirit,
I will hold dear
of your gracious heart.
Through all of our seasons
this will be certain;
this will be constant,
shining and true:
with the gift of your heart
you gave my life meaning;
and I’ll spend a lifetime
Connect with Robert Sexton