Saint Augustine Love Quotes and Sayings
2. He that is jealous is not in love.
3. What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men. That is what love looks like.
4. Love, and do what you like.
Sayings by Saint Augustine
1. A thing is not necessarily true because badly uttered, nor false because spoken magnificently.
2. Charity is no substitute for justice withheld.
3. Complete abstinence is easier than perfect moderation.
4. Do you wish to be great? Then begin by being. Do you desire to construct a vast and lofty fabric? Think first about the foundations of humility. The higher your structure is to be, the deeper must be its foundation.
5. Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.
6. Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
7. If we live good lives, the times are also good. As we are, such are the times.
8. In the absence of justice, what is sovereignty but organized robbery?
9. Indeed, man wishes to be happy even when he so lives as to make happiness impossible.
10. This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections.
11. And men go abroad to admire the heights of mountains, the mighty waves of the sea, the broad tides of rivers, the compass of the ocean, and the circuits of the stars, yet pass over the mystery of themselves without a thought.
12. I held my heart back from positively accepting anything, since I was afraid of another fall, and in this condition of suspense I was being all the more killed.
13. You aspire to great things? Begin with little ones.
14. The words printed here are concepts. You must go through the experiences.
15. Seek not to understand that you may believe, but believe that you may understand.