Salmon P Chase Love Quote and Sayings
Sayings by Salmon P. Chase
1. All men are born equally free.
2. I never refused my help to any person black or white; and I liked the office nonetheless because there were neither fees nor salary connected with it.
3. The law of the Creator, which invests every human being with an inalienable title to freedom, cannot be repealed by any interior law which asserts that man is property.
4. I made this resolution today. I will try to excel in all things yet if I am excelled, without fault of mine, I will not be mortified. I will not withhold from any one the praise which I think his due; nor will I allow myself to envy another’s praise or to feel jealousy when I hear him praised.
5. A resignation is a grave act; never performed by a right minded man without forethought or with reserve.