Sri Chinmoy Love Quotes and Sayings
2. Judge nothing, you will be happy. Forgive everything, you will be happier. Love everything, you will be happiest.
3. Hate is often an obverse form of love. You hate someone whom you really wish to love, but whom you cannot love. Perhaps he himself prevents you. That is a disguised form of love.
4. Love your enemy. It will not only puzzle him, but finally illumine him.
#47 Meditations: Food For The Soul, August 31, 1970
5. Try not to change the world. You will fail. Try to love the world. Lo, the world is changed. Changed forever.
6. World-peace can be achieved when the power of love replaces the love of power.
7. Truth is in all, but love is all.
8. Not by blaming the world, not by shunning the world, but only by loving the world can I have peace of mind.
9. Wherever you go, go with inspiration and aspiration. Whatever you do, do with love and concern. Whomever you see, see with purity’s beauty and responsibility’s glory.
10. Gratitude is the creative force, the mother and father of love. It is in gratitude that real love exists. Love expands only when gratitude is there. Limited love does not offer gratitude. Limited love is immediately bound by something – by constant desires or constant demands. But when it is unlimited love, constant love, then gratitude comes to the fore. This love becomes all gratitude.
11. Be universal in your love. You will see the universe to be the picture of your own being.
12. Tell others when you love them. This will really make their lives worth living.
13. When your love is pure or spiritual, there is no demand, no expectation. There is only the sweetest feeling of spontaneous oneness with the human being or beings concerned.
14. Love is not a thing to understand. Love is not a thing to feel. Love is not a thing to give and receive. Love is a thing only to become and eternally be.
15. One word that wakes all humanity: Love, love, love!
#16 My Heart Shall Give A Oneness-Feast, 1993
16. World peace can be achieved when the power of love replaces the love of power.
#17 The Wings of Joy, 1997
17. If you really want to love humanity, then you have to love humanity as it is now.
#18 Seventy Seven Thousand Service-Trees series Part 8, 1998
18. Love is something that never cared to learn how to judge anybody.
#19 Seventy Seven Thousand Service-Trees series Part 15, 1998
19. Instead of creating a reason why you cannot love the world, try to create a reason why you should and must love the world.
Excerpt from Wikipedia: Sri Chinmoy (August 27, 1931 – October 11, 2007), born Chinmoy Kumar Ghose, was an Indian spiritual Master who began teaching meditation in the West when he moved to New York City in 1964. A prolific author, artist, poet, athlete and musician, he is perhaps best known for holding public events on the theme of inner peace (such as concerts, meditations, and races). He taught meditation on the spiritual heart as a core spiritual practice, as well as encouraging prayer and performing dedicated selfless-service as a way to personal enlightenment, or God-realisation as described by Eastern religions.
Sayings by Sri Chinmoy
1. Peace begins when expectation ends.
2. If we feel inwardly strong, we will have no need or desire to speak ill of others.
3. Be sincere in your thoughts, be pure in your feelings. You will not have to run after happiness. Happiness will run after you.
4. If we can feel that it is not our voice, not our fingers, but some reality deep inside our heart which is expressing itself, then we will know that it is the soul’s music.
5. If failure has the strength to turn your life into bitterness itself, then patience has the strength to turn your life into the sweetest joy. Do not surrender to fate after a single failure. Failure, at most, precedes success.
6. Hope is sweet.
Hope is illumining.
Hope is fulfilling.
Hope can be everlasting.
Therefore, do not give up hope,
Even in the sunset of your life.
7. Just one smile immensely increases the beauty of the universe.
8. Not to give up under any circumstances should be the motto of our life: we shall try again and again, and we are bound to succeed. There will be obstacles, but we have to defy them. So do not give up, do not give up! Continue, continue! The goal is ahead of you. If you do not give up, you are bound to reach your destined goal.
9. You must never forget that greatness does not guarantee happiness but goodness always does.
10. Do not blame the world. Find a solution.
11. Instead of telling the world What it is supposed to do, Why don’t you immediately do it yourself? In this way, I assure you, Your happiness will be surprisingly multiplied.
12. Never worry about things that you are unable to change. Change your own way of looking at truth.
13. Do you want to make progress? If so, then take each problem not as a challenging rival, but as an encouraging friend of yours, who is helping you to arrive at your ultimate destination.
14. There are two ways to illumine anger. One way is to enlarge your heart. If you have been wronged, use your power of identification. Feel that it is you yourself, or an extended part of your own consciousness, that has done the wrong thing. The sooner you can rid yourself of the idea that somebody else has done something to you, the better off you will be.
The second way is to think of perfecting yourself. When you stop thinking of perfecting others and only care for your own aspiration, you will be liberated from anger. Instead of looking around to see who is obstructing you or standing in your way, just pay all attention to your own self-discovery. When you have discovered your true self, you will see that there is nobody imperfect on earth. Everybody is perfect in you.
15. Unless and until we have peace deep within us, we can never hope to have peace in the outer world. You and I create the world by the vibrations that we offer to it. If we can invoke peace and then offer it to somebody else, we will see how peace expands from one to two persons, and gradually to the world at large. Peace will come about in the world from the perfection of individuals. If you have peace, I have peace, he has peace, and she has peace, then automatically universal peace will dawn.
16. If you are all pride and ego, then nobody will be able to get anything worthwhile from you. When you have genuine humility, it is a sign that you have something to offer to mankind.
17. Every second a seeker can start over, for his life’s mistakes are initial drafts and not the final version.
18. Every day there is only one thing to learn: how to be honestly happy.
19. To follow the crowd is to miss the destination.
#20 Twenty Seven Thousand Aspiration Plants Part 13, 1983
20. Be kind, be all sympathy, for each and every human being is forced to fight against himself.
21. Gratitude is the sweetest thing in a seeker’s life – in all human life. If there is gratitude in your heart, then there will be tremendous sweetness in your eyes.
22. In between your failure-tree and your triumph-tree, the tree that is growing is known as your patience-tree.
23. When I think good thoughts, I feel that man is not, after all, so bad.
24. Patience, increasing patience, is all we need to be victorious in the battlefield of life.
25. My heart’s gratitude is my life’s plenitude.
26. Now is the time to make good use of time. Today is the day to begin a perfect day.
27. True humility means giving joy to others.
28. Remain cheerful, for nothing destructive can pierce through the solid wall of cheerfulness.
29. Daring enthusiasm and abiding cheerfulness can accomplish everything on earth without fail.
30. Not what happens to you but how you accept it is of paramount importance.
31. I begin by imagining the impossible and end by accomplishing the impossible.
32. Wait for tomorrow to think tomorrow’s thoughts.
33. The things that most deserve our gratitude we just take for granted. Without air we cannot live for more than a minute or two. Everyday we are breathing in and breathing out, but do we ever feel grateful to the air? If we do not drink water, we cannot survive. Even our body is composed to a large extent of water.But do we give any value to water? Every morning when we open our eyes, we see the sun blessingfully offering us light and life-energy, which we badly need. But are we grateful to the sun?
34. There is nothing more powerful than peace.
35. What you powerfully hold in your thought-world will make you either a street beggar or a great king.
36. The language of the heart is the only language that everybody can understand.
37. True gratitude can never come from the mind. It has to flow from the heart to the mind, vital and body until everything that we have and are is a sea of gratitude.
38. Not the power to conquer others but the power to become one with others is the ultimate power.
39. The word “impossible” is only in the mind and not in the heart. If we can remain in the heart, there will be no end to our progress.
40. Life is given to each human being for a very special purpose. This secret each human being must discover for himself.
41. I did not come into the world to prove anything. I came into the world to love everyone and everything.
42. If we live in our oneness-heart, we will feel the essence of all religions which is the love of God. Forgiveness, compassion, tolerance, brotherhood and the feeling of oneness are the signs of a true religion.
#43 Ten Thousand Flower Flames Part 1-100, 1979
43. The very nature of kindness is to spread. If you are kind to others, today they will be kind to you, and tomorrow to somebody else.
44. I do not compete with the rest of the world. I compete only with myself, for my progress is my true victory.
#20 Twenty Seven Thousand Aspiration Plants Part 199, 1983
45. If you do not find peace inside your own heart, then you will not find it anywhere else on earth.
#46 Opportunity and Self-Transcendence, 1977
46. If you do the right thing, eventually you will inspire others to do the right thing.
#47 Meditations: Food For The Soul, April 27, 1970
47. Anger has an enemy: Peace. Peace has no enemy. Peace has a special friend: Joy. Anger has only one friend: Destruction.
#48 World-Destruction: Never, Impossible!, 1994
48. What we need is a life of balance — neither to wallow in the pleasures of wealth nor to lead a life of asceticism, but to embrace a life of simplicity and a heart of purity.
h6>#49 Seventy Seven Thousand Service-Trees series Part 41, 1998
49. Those who run after happiness will never be happy. Happiness is something that has to come to the fore from within.
h6>#50 Seventy Seven Thousand Service-Trees series Part 27, 1998
50. To be rich is to give a smile with no expectation of return.