Thomas Fuller Love Quotes and Sayings
2. There is more pleasure in loving than in being beloved.
Sayings by Thomas Fuller
1. A drinker has a hole under his nose that all his money runs into.
2. A gift, with a kind countenance, is a double present.
3. A man is not good or bad for one action.
4. An invincible determination can accomplish almost anything and in this lies the great distinction between great men and little men.
5. Better be alone than in bad company.
6. Charity begins at home, but should not end there.
7. Compliments cost nothing, yet many pay dear for them.
8. He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself; for every man has need to be forgiven.
9. He that travels much knows much.
10. If thou art a master, be sometimes blind; if a servant, sometimes deaf.
11. If you command wisely, you’ll be obeyed cheerfully.
12. If you would have a good wife, marry one who has been a good daughter.
13. ‘Tis better to suffer wrong than do it.
14. Two things a man should never be angry at: what he can help, and what he cannot help.