Thomas S Monson Love Quotes and Sayings
2. May I share with you a formula that in my judgment will help you and help me to journey well through mortality? First, fill your mind with truth; second, fill your life with service; and third, fill your heart with love.
3. Never let a problem to be solved, become more important than a person to be loved.
4. The good you have done, the kind words you have spoken, the love you have shown to others, can never be fully measured.
Sayings by Thomas S. Monson
1. The past is behind, learn from it. The future is ahead, prepare for it. The present is here, live it.
2. Don’t save something for a special occasion. Every day of your life is a special occasion.
3. Stick to a task ’til it sticks to you, for beginners are many, but finishers few.
4. One day each of us will run out of tomorrows. Let us not put off what is important.
5. He who gives money gives some, he who gives time gives more, and he who gives of himself gives all.
6. Work will work when wishy washy wishing won’t.
7. When we treat people merely as they are, they will remain as they are. When we treat them as if they were what they should be, they will become what they should be.
8. Youth need less critics and more models.
9. Don’t forget: one of the saddest things in life is wasted talent.
10. Find joy in the journey.
11. Learn from the past, prepare for the future, live in the present.
12. Our most significant opportunities will be found in times of greatest difficulty.
13. There is no tomorrow to remember if we don’t do something today, and to live most fully today, we must do that which is of greatest importance. Let us not procrastinate those things which matter most.
14. Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith.
15. Everyone can be discontented if he ignores his blessings and looks only at his burdens.
16. Some are young people who don’t know who they are, what they can be or even want to be. They are afraid, but they don’t know of what. They are angry, but they don’t know at whom. They are rejected and they don’t know why. All they want is to be somebody.
17. The principles of living greatly include the capacity to face trouble with courage, disappointment with cheerfulness, and trial with humility.
18. Along your pathway of life you will observe that you are not the only traveler. There are others who need your help. There are feet to steady, hands to grasp, minds to encourage, hearts to inspire, and souls to save.
19. Rather than dwelling on the past, we should make the most of today, of the here and now, doing all we can to provide pleasant memories for the future. If you are still in the process of raising children be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled, will disappear all too soon, and that you will, to your surprise, miss them, profoundly.
20. My dear sisters, do not pray for tasks equal to your abilities, but pray for abilities equal to your tasks. Then the performance of your tasks will be no miracle, but you will be the miracle.
21. Ideals are like the stars – you can’t touch them with your hands, but by following them you reach your destination.
22. We will never regret the kind words spoken or the affection shown. Rather, our regrets will come if such things are omitted from our relationships with those who mean the most to us.
23. Sometimes we let our thoughts of tomorrow take up too much of today. Daydreaming of the past and longing for the future may provide comfort but will not take the place of living in the present. This is the day of our opportunity, and we must grasp it.
24. Having gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a gift and not deliver it.
25. We can lift ourselves, and others as well, when we refuse to remain in the realm of negative thought and cultivate within our hearts an attitude of gratitude.
26. Time is a gift, a treasure not to be put aside for the future but to be used wisely in the present.
27. Christmas is the spirit of giving without a thought of getting. It is happiness because we see joy in people. It is forgetting self and finding time for others. It is discarding the meaningless and stressing the true values.
28. Of this be sure: you do not find the happy life – you make it.