William Hazlitt Love Quotes and Sayings
2. The love of liberty is the love of others; the love of power is the love of ourselves.
Sayings by William Hazlitt
1. A gentle word, a kind look, a good-natured smile can work wonders and accomplish miracles.
2. An honest man speaks the truth, though it may give offence; a vain man, in order that it may.
3. Grace has been defined as the outward expression of the inward harmony of the soul.
4. Great thoughts reduced to practice become great acts.
5. He will never have true friends who is afraid of making enemies.
6. No man is truly great who is great only in his lifetime. The test of greatness is the page of history.
7. No truly great person ever thought themselves so.
8. The art of life is to know how to enjoy a little and to endure very much.
9. There are no rules for friendship. It must be left to itself. We cannot force it any more than love.
10. Those who are at war with others are not at peace with themselves.