Edgar Allan Poe Love Quotes and Sayings
2. I was never really insane except upon occasions when my heart was touched.
3. And all I loved, I loved alone.
Sayings by Edgar Allan Poe
1. There is no exquisite beauty … without some strangeness in the proportion.
2. Never to suffer would never to have been blessed.
3. With me poetry has not been a purpose, but a passion.
4. Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears.
5. The true genius shudders at incompleteness — imperfection — and usually prefers silence to saying the something which is not every thing that should be said.
6. There are chords in the hearts of the most reckless which cannot be touched without emotion.
7. When, indeed, men speak of Beauty, they mean, precisely, not a quality, as is supposed, but an effect – they refer, in short, just to that intense and pure elevation of soul – not of intellect, or of heart.
8. It is a happiness to wonder; it is a happiness to dream.
9. Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.