Unconditional Love Quotes, Sayings, and Videos.
2. The greatest gift a parent can give a child is unconditional love. As a child wanders and strays, finding his bearings, he needs a sense of absolute love from a parent. There’s nothing wrong with tough love, as long as the love is unconditional.
3. To give and not expect return, that is what lies at the heart of love.
4. True love begins when nothing is looked for in return.
5. Only when we give joyfully, without hesitation or thought of gain, can we truly know what love means.
6. The beginning of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image. Otherwise we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them.
Our job is to love others without stopping to inquire whether or not they are worthy. That is not our business and, in fact, it is nobody’s business. What we are asked to do is to love, and this love itself will render both ourselves and our neighbors worthy.
7. Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get – only with what you are expecting to give – which is everything.
8. Love is, above all, the gift of oneself.
9. Love, true love, is that which can give the most without asking or demanding anything in return.
10. Love … What is love? Love is to love someone for who they are, who they were, and who they will be.
11. Truly loving another means letting go of all expectations. It means full acceptance, even celebration of another’s personhood.
12. The rule of unconditional love; it is in the giving that you make the other person realize.
13. Unconditional Love: 9 months of pregnancy and a lifetime of tender loving care.
14. Parents were the only ones obligated to love you; from the rest of the world you had to earn it.
- Ann Brashares
15. Avoid providing material for the drama that is always stretched tight between parents and children; it uses up much of the children’s strength and wastes the love of the elders, which acts and warms even if it doesn’t comprehend. Don’t ask for advice from them and don’t expect any understanding; but believe in a love that is being stored up for you like an inheritance, and have faith that in this love there is strength and blessing so large that you can travel as far as you wish without having to step outside it.
16. Soul mates aren’t perfect people. They can come into your life and provide polar emotional experiences from intense love to intense pain. Growth comes from both. And a soul mate helps you grow. It isn’t just “…and they lived happily ever after” but “…and they lived!”
- Lori Chidori Phillips
17. It should be a privilege to be able to say “I love you” to someone. It shouldn’t be something people say just because they feel like it. A privilege that is earned. They say you have to earn the right to be loved; no, love is unconditional, if you love someone, they don’t have to earn it. But. The right to tell someone that you love them? That has to be earned. You have to earn the right to be believed.
― C. JoyBell C
18. Accept the children the way we accept trees—with gratitude, because they are a blessing—but do not have expectations or desires. You don’t expect trees to change, you love them as they are.
― Isabel Allende
19. When you look into your mother’s eyes, you know that is the purest love you can find on this earth.
20. The only way love can last a lifetime is if it’s unconditional. The truth is this: love is not determined by the one being loved but rather by the one choosing to love.
― Stephen Kendrick
21. What it’s like to be a parent: It’s one of the hardest things you’ll ever do but in exchange it teaches you the meaning of unconditional love.
22. Even after all this time the sun never says to the earth, “you owe me.” Look what happens with a love like that. It lights the whole sky.
- Hafiz of Shiraz
23. In our country we call this type of mother love teng ai. My son has told me that in men’s writing it is composed of two characters. The first means pain; the second means love. That is a mother’s love.
- Lisa See
24. If love is blind, then maybe a blind person that loves has a greater understanding of it.
― Criss Jami
25. Nothing you become will disappoint me; I have no preconception that I’d like to see you be or do. I have no desire to foresee you, only to discover you. You can’t disappoint me.
― Mary Haskell
26. I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word.
I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.
27. The ultimate lesson all of us have to learn is unconditional love, which includes not only others but ourselves as well.
28. The greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance.
- Brian Tracy
29. A dog will teach you unconditional love. If you can have that in your life, things won’t be too bad.
- Robert Wagner
30. My mom and dad gave their kids the greatest gift of all – the gift of unconditional love. They cared deeply about who we would be, and much less about what we would do.
- Mitt Romney
31. When he was born, I looked at my little boy and felt an unconditional love I never knew was inside me. As he grew, and I watched him stagger about, squeak his first words, and turn into a beautiful little boy, that feeling did not change.
- Tony Parsons
32. Being a father has been, without a doubt, my greatest source of achievement, pride and inspiration. Fatherhood has taught me about unconditional love, reinforced the importance of giving back and taught me how to be a better person.
- Naveen Jain
Read stories or watch video about Unconditional Love:
1. Strangers are family you have yet to come to know
2. She Doesn’t Know Me, But I Still Know Who She Is
3. 1 Litre of Tears
5. What is this?
6. Grateful, My Love
7. What does love mean? Children on love
8. Love need no reason
9. Playing For Change: Song Around the World ‘One Love’
10. When I am Old
Unconditional Love by Glen Campbell
Here’s to the people who gave me life
And then showed me how to live it
And taught me that you measure love
By how freely you can give it
And the gift I give to you
Is the lesson that I learned
That when a love is true
It has nothing in return
Unconditional love, that they gave to me
It wasn’t mine to keep and I knew someday
I’d hand it down to you and hope that I can be
The one who makes you see
The importance of unconditional love
And there were times I know I let them down
But never once was I rejected
And when I stood alone to face this world
Somehow I still felt protected
That’s the common bond we share
And it will last through the years
And you can trust that I’ll be there
Through the good times and the tears
Unconditional love, like they gave to me
It’s not yours to keep and I know someday
Someone will look to you and you will have to be
The one who makes him see
The importance of unconditional love
How one generation Loves, the next generation Learns
My father was a generous, beyond his means … but the greatest gift he gave me, was the Gift of Love.
A father’s promise of Love to his daughter