Eckhart Tolle Love Quotes and Sayings
2. A genuine relationship is one that is not dominated by the ego with its image-making and self-seeking. In a genuine relationship, there is an outward flow of open, alert attention toward the other person in which there is no wanting whatsoever.
3. As soon as you honor the present moment, all unhappiness and struggle dissolve, and life begins to flow with joy and ease. When you act out the present-moment awareness, whatever you do becomes imbued with a sense of quality, care, and love – even the most simple action.
Excerpt from Wikipedia: Eckhart Tolle (born Ulrich Leonard Tolle in 1948) is a German-born Canadian resident, best known as the author of the The Power of Now and A New Earth, which were written in English. In 2011, he was listed by the Watkins Review as the most spiritually influential person in the world. In 2008, a New York Times writer called Tolle “the most popular spiritual author in the United States.”
Sayings by Eckhart Tolle
1. The past has no power over the present moment.
2. The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but your thoughts about it.
3. Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.
4. Sometimes letting things go is an act of far greater power than defending or hanging on.
5. Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness. How do you know this is the experience you need? Because this is the experience you are having at the moment.
6. Realize deeply that the present moment is all you have. Make the NOW the primary focus of your life.
7. You can only lose something that you have, but you cannot lose something that you are.
8. Anything that you resent and strongly react to in another is also in you.
9. Worry pretends to be necessary but serves no useful purpose.
10. Any action is often better than no action, especially if you have been stuck in an unhappy situation for a long time. If it is a mistake, at least you learn something, in which case it’s no longer a mistake. If you remain stuck, you learn nothing.
11. Many people don’t realize until they are on their deathbed and everything external falls away that no thing ever had anything to do with who they are.
12. Whatever you fight, you strengthen, and what you resist, persists.
13. A great silent space holds all of nature in its embrace. It also holds you.
14. If you get the inside right, the outside will fall into place. As soon as you honor the present moment, unhappiness and struggle dissolve, and life begins to flow with joy and ease. When you act out the present-moment awareness, whatever you do becomes imbued with a sense of quality, care, and love – even the most simple action.
15. The world can only change from within.
16. Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.
17. Most humans are never fully present in the now, because unconsciously they believe that the next moment must be more important than this one. But then you miss your whole life, which is never not now.
18. The only thing that is ultimately real about your journey is the step that you are taking at this moment. That’s all there ever is.
19. Pleasure is always derived from something outside you, whereas joy arises from within.
20. Nothing ever happened in the past; it happened in the now. Nothing will ever happen in the future; it will happen in the now.
21. The power for creating a better future is contained in the present moment: You create a good future by creating a good present.
22. Nothing ever happened in the past that can prevent you from being present now.
23. You attract and manifest whatever corresponds to your inner state.
24. Stress is caused by being ‘here’ but wanting to be ‘there’.
25. The energy that you put out comes back to you.
26. All negativity is caused by an accumulation of psychological time and denial of the present. Unease, anxiety, tension, stress, worry – all forms of fear – are caused by too much future, and not enough presence. Guilt, regret, resentment, grievances, sadness, bitterness, and all forms of non-forgiveness are caused by too much past, and not enough presence.
27. You are here to enable the divine purpose of the universe to unfold. That is how important you are!
28. Remember that your perception of the world is a reflection of your state of consciousness. You are not separate from it, and there is no objective world out there. Every moment, your consciousness creates the world that you inhabit.
29. The way in which you perceive the other is determined by your own thought forms.
30. If peace is really what you want, then you will choose peace.
31. Your unhappiness ultimately arises not from the circumstances of your life but from the conditioning of your mind.
32. Whenever you deeply accept this moment as it is – no matter what form it takes – you are still, you are at peace.
33. It is inner stillness that will save and transform the world.
34. So the only place that true change can occur and where the past can be dissolved is the now.
35. If you have young children, give them help, guidance, and protection to the best of your ability, but even more important, give them space – space to be.
#36 Twitter, 30 October 2016
36. Letting go of inner resistance, you often find circumstances change for the better.
37. Allow this moment to be as it is.
38. The first important step into the now is to become aware of whatever surrounds you.
39. You are the beginning of the transformed world. (Instagram)
“The unconditioned is alive in you” is Eckhart’s message as he exquisitely guides us to go beyond the reactive tendencies and patterns of our conditioning to a knowing of ourselves through the surrendered state of consciousness. Both newcomers and those acquainted with the teachings will find beautiful inspiration as Eckhart deepens our discovery of this great power within us.