Paulo Coelho Love Quotes and Sayings
1. In love lies the seed of our growth. The more we love, the closer we are to the spiritual experience.
2. When we love, it is not necessary to understand what is happening outside, because everything happens inside us instead.
3. When you love, things make even more sense.
4. Freedom only exists when love is present. The person who gives him or herself wholly, the person who feels freest, is the person who loves the most.
5. Love is not to be found in someone else, but in ourselves; we simply awaken it. But in order to do that, we need the other person. The universe only makes sense when we have someone to share our feelings with.
6. Love one another, but let’s not try to possess one another.
7. When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.
8. One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving.
9. You can’t preserve your emotions in formal. Love changes with time and discovers new ways of expressing itself.
10. Love perseveres. It’s people who change.
11. If everybody loves you, something is wrong. You can’t please everybody.
12. We don’t need to explain our love. We only need to show it.
13. If you love someone, you must be prepared to set them free.
14. Life is short! Kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
15. Certain things in life simply have to be experienced and never explained. Love is such a thing.
16. Love creates bridges where it would seem they were impossible.
17. The energy of hatred won’t get you anywhere; but the energy of forgiveness, which reveals itself through love, will transform your life in a positive way.
18. Live simply. Dream big. Be grateful. Give love. Laugh lots.
19. Love is what makes you smile when you’re tired.
20. Life sometimes separates people so that they may realize how much they mean to each other.
21. Love is the force that transforms and improves the soul of the world.
22. Love can change lives for the better.
Sayings by Paulo Coelho
Excerpt from Wikipedia: Paulo Coelho (born August 24, 1947) is a Brazilian lyricist and novelist.
Paulo Coelho was born in Rio de Janeiro Brazil. He attended a Jesuit school. As a teenager, Coelho wanted to become a writer. Upon telling his mother this, she responded with “My dear, your father is an engineer. He’s a logical, reasonable man with a very clear vision of the world. Do you actually know what it means to be a writer?” After researching, Coelho concluded that a writer “always wears glasses and never combs his hair” and has a “duty and an obligation never to be understood by his own generation,” amongst other things. At 17, Coelho’s introversion and opposition to following a traditional path led to his parents committing him to a mental institution from which he escaped three times before being released at the age of 20. Coelho later remarked that “It wasn’t that they wanted to hurt me, but they didn’t know what to do… They did not do that to destroy me, they did that to save me.”
At his parents’ wishes, Coelho enrolled in law school and abandoned his dream of becoming a writer. One year later, he dropped out and lived life as a hippie, traveling through South America, North Africa, Mexico, and Europe and becoming immersed in the drug culture of the 1960s. Upon his return to Brazil, Coelho worked as a songwriter, composing lyrics for Elis Regina, Rita Lee, and Brazilian icon Raul Seixas. Composing with Raul led to Paulo being associated with satanism and occultism, due to the content of some songs. In 1974, Coelho was arrested and tortured for “subversive” activities by the ruling military government, who had taken power ten years earlier and viewed his lyrics as left-wing and dangerous.
In 1986, Coelho walked the 500-plus mile Road of Santiago de Compostela in northwestern Spain, a turning point in his life. On the path, Coelho had a spiritual awakening, which he described autobiographically in The Pilgrimage. In an interview, Coelho stated “[In 1986], I was very happy in the things I was doing. I was doing something that gave me food and water — to use the metaphor in The Alchemist, I was working, I had a person who I loved, I had money, but I was not fulfilling my dream. My dream was, and still is, to be a writer.” Coelho would leave his lucrative career as a songwriter and pursue writing full-time.
Sayings by Paulo Coelho
1. It’s the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary.
2. When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
3. No one loses anyone, because no one owns anyone. That is the true experience of freedom: having the most important thing in the world without owning it.
4. Freedom is not the absence of commitments, but the ability to choose – and commit myself to – what is best for me.
5. The secret is here in the present. If you pay attention to the present, you can improve upon it. And, if you improve on the present, what comes later will also be better.
6. There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.
7. Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream.
8. You drown not by falling into a river, but by staying submerged in it.
9. You have to take risks, he said. We will only understand the miracle of life fully when we allow the unexpected to happen.
10. But there is suffering in life, and there are defeats. No one can avoid them. But it’s better to lose some of the battles in the struggles for your dreams than to be defeated without ever knowing what you’re fighting for.
11. Our dreams give us strength to perform impossible tasks.
12. Don’t place your dreams in the hands of those whom can destroy them.
13. You are your dreams.
14. You can’t avoid pain, but you can chose to overcome it.
15. Every time you wish something, keep your eyes wide open, focus and know exactly what you want. No one hits the target with eyes closed.
16. You are the light of the world. Shine, and darkness will disappear.
17. Joy goes against the foundations of mathematics: it multiplies when we divide.
18. Many people are afraid to hope. They want to be prepared for failure.
19. Before a new chapter is begun, the old one has to be finished: tell yourself that what has passed will never come back. Remember that there was a time when you could live without that thing or that person – nothing is irreplaceable, a habit is not a need.
20. Close some doors today. Not because of pride, incapacity or arrogance, but simply because they lead you nowhere.
21. Life has many ways of testing a person’s will; either by having nothing happen at all or by having everything happen all at once
22. Don’t expect to get anything back, don’t expect recognition for your efforts, don’t expect your genius to be discovered or your love to be understood. Act because you need to act.
23. Telling the truth and making someone cry is better than telling a lie and making someone smile.
24. Don’t explain. Your friends do not need it, and your enemies will not believe you.
25. If you act like a victim, you are likely to be treated as one.
26. One day you will wake up and there won’t be any more time to do the things you’ve always wanted. Do it now.
27 May we understand that we can sell time, but we can’t buy it back.
28. Do something instead of killing time, because time is killing you.
29. Straight roads do not make skillful drivers.
30. I refuse to walk carefully through life only to arrive safely at death.
31. If you’re brave to say “good bye,” life will reward you with a new “hello.”
32. I can choose either to be a victim of the world or an adventurer in search of treasure. It’s all a question of how I view my life.
33. Follow your dreams, transform your life.
34. Don’t allow anyone to steal your joy!
35. The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.
36. A boat is safe in the harbor but this is not the purpose of a boat.
37. Life always waits for some crisis to occur before revealing itself at its most brilliant.
38. Don’t allow your wounds to transform you into someone you are not.
39. A life is never useless. Each soul that came down to Earth is here for a reason.
40. When every day seems the same, it is because we have stopped noticing the good things that appear in our lives.
41. Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.
42. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
43. No one can go back, but everyone can go forward. And tomorrow, when the sun rises, all you will have to say to yourself is: I am going to think of this day as the first day of my life.
44. Fight for your dreams, and your dreams will fight for you.
45. Stop thinking about life and choose to live it.
46. The simple things are also the most extraordinary things, and only the wise can see them.
47. Remember that wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure.
48. To enjoy the rainbow, first enjoy the rain.
49. There are moments when you must be prepared to take a risk to do something crazy.
50. When we’re focused on what we want, things begin to slot perfectly into place.
51. Trust and start walking. We are not alone in the dark, our path will unfold as we move.
52. When our hearts are tired, we can still carry on thanks to the strength of our faith.
53. Success does not come from having one’s work recognised by others. It is the fruit of the seed that you lovingly planted.
54. All life battles teach us something, even those we lose.
55. When we least expect it, life sets us a challenge to test our courage and willingness to change.
56. I don’t regret my painful times, I bare my scars as if they were medals.
57. I learned long ago that in order to heal my wounds, I must have the courage to face up to them.
58. Never try to please everyone; if you do, you will be respected by no one.
59. None of us knows what might happen even in the next minute, and yet still we go forward. Because we trust. Because we have faith.
Popular Books by Paulo Coelho