Dr. John Gray Love Quotes and Sayings
#1-5 Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus: Practical Guide for Improving Communication, Zondervan, 13 October 2009
1. When men and women are able to respect and accept their differences then love has a chance to blossom.
2. To be successful in our relationships we must accept and understand the different seasons of love. Sometimes love flows easily and automatically; at other times it requires effort.
3. Men are motivated and empowered when they feel needed….Women are motivated and empowered when they feel cherished.
4. If we are to feel the positive feelings of love, happiness, trust, and gratitude, we periodically also have to feel anger, sadness, fear, and sorrow.
5. Relationships do not have to be such a struggle. Only when we do not understand one another is there tension, resentment, or conflict.
#6 Facebook, 9 February 2020 [S]
6. To love someone is to acknowledge the goodness of who they are. Through loving a person we awaken their awareness of their own innate goodness. It is as though they cannot know how worthy they are until they look into the mirror of our love and see themselves.
#7 Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus Book Of Days, Random House, 30 November 2011
7. A relationship is like a garden. If it is to thrive, it must be watered regularly. Special care must be given according to the season as well as any unpredictable weather. New seeds must be sown and weeds must be pulled.
#8 Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus [S]
8. When a man can listen to woman’s feelings without getting angry and frustrated, he gives her a wonderful gift. He makes it safe for her to express herself. The more she is able to express herself, the more she feels heard and understood, and the more she is able to give a man the loving trust, acceptance, appreciation, admiration, approval, and encouragement that he needs.
Dr. John Gray, author of the New York Times number one best-selling book of the last decade book ‘Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus.’ The book has sold over 50 million books in 50 different languages.
Sayings by Dr. John Gray
#1 Twitter, 20 May 2018 [S]
1. A woman under stress is not immediately concerned with finding solutions to her problems but rather seeks relief by expressing herself and being understood.
#2-4 Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus: Practical Guide for Improving Communication, Zondervan, 13 October 2009
2. If I seek to fulfill my own needs at the expense of my partner, we are sure to experience unhappiness, resentment, and conflict. The secret of forming a successful relationship is for both partners to win.
3. To offer a man unsolicited advice is to presume that he doesn’t know what to do or that he can’t do it on his own. Men are very touchy about this, because the issue of competence is so very important to them.
4. The process of learning requires not only hearing and applying but also forgetting and then remembering again.