Alan Cohen Love Quotes and Sayings
2. No one can take from you what truly belongs to you. You deserve all the good you can imagine because you were created to love.
3. When you learn to say yes to yourself, you will be able to say no to others, with love.
4. When you protect yourself from pain, be sure you do not protect yourself from love.
5. Waiting does not exist in the experience of those who recognize the presence of love wherever they are.
6. When you let go of all that is not love, all that remains is love.
7. Quit trying to convert others or influence them to agree with you. Simply love, accept and appreciate them as they are, and you will help them, yourself, and the world in the most powerful way.
Excerpt from Hay House: Alan Cohen, M.A., is the author of 23 popular inspirational books, including the best-selling Dragon Doesn’t Live Here Anymore, the award-winning A Deep Breath of Life, and the classic Are You as Happy as Your Dog? He is a contributing writer for the New York Times #1 bestselling series Chicken Soup for the Soul, and his books have been translated into 24 foreign languages. His work has been featured on Oprah.com and in USA Today, the Washington Post, and 101 Top Experts. Alan’s radio program Get Real is broadcast weekly on Hay House Radio, and his monthly column From the Heart is featured in magazines internationally.
Sayings by Alan Cohen
1. It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
2. To grow, you must be willing to let your present and future be totally unlike your past. Your history is not your destiny.
3. Do not resist events that move you out of your comfort zone, especially when your comfort zone was not all that comfortable.
4. Scared and sacred are spelled with the same letters. Awful proceeds from the same root word as awesome. Terrify and terrific. Every negative experience holds the seed of transformation.
5. It is not insult from another that causes you pain. It is the part of your mind that agrees with the insult. Agree only with the truth about you, and you are free.
6. Everything will line up perfectly when knowing and living the truth becomes more important then proving anything to anyone.
7. You have the power to take away someone’s happiness by refusing to forgive. That someone is you.
8. To make the world a better place, see the world as a better place.
9. The more you recognize the immense good within you, the more you magnetize immense around you.
10. There are two kinds of people in the world: those who make excuses and those who get results. An excuse person will find any excuse for why a job was not done, and a results person will find any reason why it can be done. Be a creator, not a reactor.
11. View the past as your enemy, and it will be an albatross. View it as your friend, and it will give you wings.
12. Children remind us where we come from because they have not yet forgotten. Do all you can to help them continue remembering.
13. It’s impossible to resolve anger on the level of anger. Ask, “What is the fear that is fueling the anger?” and you are on the road to resolution.
14. Acts that proceed from your calm center are always more effective than acts that proceed from fear, guilt, or anger.
15. Keep memories of insult on a short leash, and memories of blessing on a long one.
16. Quit planning your dream and start living it.
17. Your thoughts do not create reality, but they do create your experience.
18. The first step to boosting your income is to identify where your passion lives and to be true to it.
19. Money is but one venue for generosity. Kindness is an even more valuable currency.
20. Those who do not need to be in the limelight often generate more light than those standing in it.
21. The only thing more important than your to-do list is your to-be list. The only thing more important than your to-be list is to be.
22. There is no gap between who you are and who you can be, between what you seek and what you have.
23. Preparing to live is not the same as living.
24. Your purpose on earth is to take any and all appearances of fear, lack, and limitation, and demonstrate to yourself and others that none of them have reality or power over you.
25. You are already someone else’s miracle. Let someone be yours.
26. Sometimes when things seem to be going wrong, they are going right for reasons you are yet to understand.
27. If you don’t do something different, today will be like all the other days.
28. Do not wait until conditions are perfect to begin. Beginning makes the conditions perfect.
#29 Twitter, 10 October 2016
29. Everything you see in the outer world represents a thought in your mind.
#30 Twitter, 19 August 2016
30. When you remove thoughts of lack, all that remains is abundance.
#31 Twitter, 16 November 2016
31. Quit worrying about whether or not you are in the band, and just play your instrument.
Connect to Alan Cohen on Facebook