Alan Cohen Quotes and Sayings
#1 Twitter, 04 June 2016
1. Love does not compete because it knows there is enough of everything for everyone.
#2 UPGRADE YOUR LOVE LIFE, 1 April 2015
2. If you are experiencing boredom, abuse, or less than love in your relationship, career, friendship, or family, do not attempt to get other people to change. Instead, give yourself the love, respect, and appreciation you desire from others, and someone or many someones will show up to reflect it back to you.
#3 Why Your Life Sucks: And What You Can Do About It
3. Loving another person is a gift you give yourself. The love you give flows through you, so no matter how they respond, you receive the benefit of loving. True love never requires a response.
#4-5 RAISE THE BAR ON LOVE, 7 February 2017
4. Sometimes the people who are hardest to love are the ones that offer us the greatest reward once we master the lesson the relationship is bringing us.
5. All healthy relationships are founded in self-love. If you don’t love yourself, it is going to be difficult to love others or receive their love.
#6 THE YEAR OF REDIRECTION, 1 December 2016
6. There is someone else out there who will desire and appreciate you for who you are. If you are busy chasing someone who doesn’t care, you are not available to someone who does care. Let go of what doesn’t fit so you are free to receive what does fit.
Excerpt from Hay House: Alan Cohen, M.A., is the author of 23 popular inspirational books, including the best-selling Dragon Doesn’t Live Here Anymore, the award-winning A Deep Breath of Life, and the classic Are You as Happy as Your Dog? He is a contributing writer for the New York Times #1 bestselling series Chicken Soup for the Soul, and his books have been translated into 24 foreign languages. His work has been featured on Oprah.com and in USA Today, the Washington Post, and 101 Top Experts. Alan’s radio program Get Real is broadcast weekly on Hay House Radio, and his monthly column From the Heart is featured in magazines internationally.
Alan Cohen Sayings
#1 Quoted in Rivers of Courage and Doubt by Nicholas Isika
1. It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
#2 NO SMALL MEETINGS, 1 October 2015
2. Never underestimate the power of a kind word or thought. It may affect one or many, many people without you even knowing it. Even a gentle touch can make a huge difference.
#3 BRUSH WITH GREATNESS, 1 January 2016
3. We have all have been taught that greatness lives outside of us and we need to rub up against it or import it so we can become great. That’s exactly the opposite of how true greatness operates. Magnificence resides within all of us, and we need but tap into it and bring it forth.
#4-5 TWO SIDES OF A PRISON WALL, 1 December 2015
4. Heaven and hell are not places we go or conditions the outer world imposes on us; they are experiences we create with our thoughts and beliefs.
5. No one does anything mean or foolish unless they are in great pain. To try to inflict more pain only exacerbates their sense of disconnection. As you connect with your own sense of peace, you invite them to claim theirs.
#6 I LOVE YOU AS YOU ARE, 1 August 2016
6. You are not a black hole that needs to be filled. You are a light that needs to be shined.
#7 GRACE WOULD SERVE YOU TEA, 1 September 2016
7. You made up the world you see. You can re-make it up if you choose. Love or fear ― there are no other options.
#8 IT’S NOT ABOUT THE WEBSITE, 1 October 2016
8. The business and relationship situations in your life do not have a life or reality of their own. They are reflections of your psyche, the images you hold about yourself projected onto the screen of the world.
#9-12 THE YEAR OF REDIRECTION, 1 December 2016
9. If this deal or relationship was right for you, it would have worked out. There is something better in store for you. Relax, breathe, and be patient. You are being redirected.
10. Everything is working out perfectly even when it doesn’t appear to be so.
11. What is right for you will find you without struggle or suffering. If you have to fight with yourself or someone to make something happen, it’s not it. There is a better fit for you, and you can have it if you let life take you where it—and you—want you to go.
12. No movement in life is wasted. It all has a purpose. You just have to know how to read the signs.
#13 RAISE THE BAR ON LOVE, 7 February 2017
13. Don’t attempt to change what you see in the mirror by rearranging the images. Rearrange the source of the images—your mind—and the images will rearrange themselves.
#14 WHO SENT THE ANTS? 7 March 2017
14. When things seem to be going wrong, ask “How might they be going right?”
#15 THE CHOICE BEFORE US, 1 April 2017
15. Any of us may be tempted to resort to physical, emotional, or verbal violence when others stand in the way of what we want. We also have the capacity to choose gentleness, patience, and kindness instead. Every day we are presented with numerous opportunities to exercise that choice.
#16 WHERE ARE YOU HEADED? SOMEWHERE OR NOWHERE? 1 June 2017
16. Our deepest purpose is to make each other’s lives easier. Everything else is either a means toward that end, or a detail.
#17-18 HOW TO GET PAID BIG TIME FOR YOUR CREATIONS, 1 November 2016
17. Truly creative people are more interested in the process of creating than its side effects. They do not create in order to get something else. The joy of creating is reward enough in itself.
18. Take care—great care—to never define yourself or your condition as less than you would like it to be. Always speak of yourself and your work in terms of the ideal conditions you wish to create, and they will follow.
#19 Twitter, 19 August 2016
19. When you remove thoughts of lack, all that remains is abundance.
#20 Twitter, 16 November 2016
20. Quit worrying about whether or not you are in the band, and just play your instrument.
#21 Twitter, 03 December 2017
21. Be grateful for the year that has passed, and you will be even more grateful for the year to come.
#22 HOW TO HAVE ALL YOUR NEEDS MET, 1 January 2017
22. Heaven is not a place, but a state of consciousness. You cannot purchase it because you already own it. You simply need to claim and enjoy it.
#23 Twitter, 31 October 2016
23. If you want to have the things that very few people have, you must do things that very few people do.
#24 Twitter, 16 June 2016
24. Find perfection in what is rather than what will be.
#25 Twitter, 06 June 2016
25. Your world is as big as your vision.
#26 Twitter, 10 October 2016
26. Everything you see in the outer world represents a thought in your mind.
#27 Twitter, 22 September 2016
27. If you don’t do something different, today will be like all the other days.
#28-29 Radical Contentment: The Power of Enough
28. You learn to do things well by doing them. If people had to become perfect parents before they could have children, there would be no children! To be a writer, write; to be a singer, sing; to be a dancer, dance.
29. Preparation is important, but do not postpone living your dream because you are eternally getting ready to live your dream.
#30 Joy is My Compass: Taking the Risk to Follow Your Bliss
30. To grow, you must be willing to let your present and future be totally unlike your past. Your history is not your destiny.
Connect to Alan Cohen on Facebook
Unsourced Alan Cohen Quotes
1. Acts that proceed from your calm center are always more effective than acts that proceed from fear, guilt, or anger.
2. You have the power to take away someone’s happiness by refusing to forgive. That someone is you.
3. Money is but one venue for generosity. Kindness is an even more valuable currency.
4. Quit planning your dream and start living it.
5. View the past as your enemy, and it will be an albatross. View it as your friend, and it will give you wings.
6. The more you recognize the immense good within you, the more you magnetize immense around you.
7. To make the world a better place, see the world as a better place.
8. It is not insult from another that causes you pain. It is the part of your mind that agrees with the insult. Agree only with the truth about you, and you are free.