Albert Einstein Love Quotes and Sayings
2. How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?
3. When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, you think it’s only a minute. But when you sit on a hot stove for a minute, you think its two hours. That’s relativity.
4. Love is a better teacher than duty.
5. Women marry men hoping they will change. Men marry women hoping they will not. So each is inevitably disappointed.
6. When you trip over love, it is easy to get up. But when you fall in love, it is impossible to stand again.
7. Love is a better master than duty.
8. Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed.
Albert Einstein (14 March 1879 – 18 April 1955) was an ethnically Jewish, German-born, theoretical physicist of the 20th century who is best known for his theories of special relativity and general relativity. He also made important contributions to statistical mechanics, especially his treatment of Brownian motion, his resolution of the paradox of specific heats, and his connection of fluctuations and dissipation. Despite his reservations about its interpretation, Einstein also made contributions to quantum mechanics and, indirectly, quantum field theory, primarily through his theoretical studies of the photon.
Einstein published more than 300 scientific works and more than 150 non-scientific works. In 1999 Time magazine named him the Person of the Century, and in the words of a biographer, “to the scientifically literate and the public at large, Einstein is synonymous with genius.” (Read more about Albert Einstein from Wikipedia)
Sayings from Albert Einstein
1. Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
2. Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.
3. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder.
4. It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer.
5. Let every man be respected as an individual and no man idolized.
6. Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
7. Never do anything against conscience even if the state demands it.
8. Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to not stop questioning.
9. Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.
10. Our task must be to free ourselves by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty.
11. Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.
12. The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.
13. True religion is real living; living with all one’s soul, with all one’s goodness and righteousness.
14. We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
15. Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character.
16. Without deep reflection one knows from daily life that one exists for other people.
17. You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.
18. If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough.
19. I am not only a pacifist but a militant pacifist. I am willing to fight for peace. Nothing will end war unless the people themselves refuse to go to war.
20. If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
21. Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
22. A man’s ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.
23. There are two ways to live your life – one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle.
24. I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
25. The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful. Life is sacred, that is to say, it is the supreme value, to which all other values are subordinate.
26. Genius is 1% talent and 99% percent hard work.
27. Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.
28. I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
29. Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.
30. If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales.
31. Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
32. I speak to everyone in the same way, whether he is the garbage man or the president of the university.
33. Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
34. I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious.
35. Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
36. The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.
39. The best way to cheer yourself is to cheer somebody else up.
40. Everything must be made as simple as possible. But not simpler.
41. In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.
42. The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don’t do anything about it.
43. I must be willing to give up what I am in order to become what I will be.
44. Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters.
45. I’d rather be an optimist and a fool than a pessimist and right.
46. The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before.
47. Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.
48. Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.
49. A ship is always safe at the shore – but that is not what it is built for.
50. From the standpoint of daily life, however, there is one thing we do know: that we are here for the sake of each other – above all for those upon whose smile and well-being our own happiness depends, and also for the countless unknown souls with whose fate we are connected by a bond of sympathy. Many times a day I realize how much my own outer and inner life is built upon the labors of my fellow men, both living and dead, and how earnestly I must exert myself in order to give in return as much as I have received.
51. Only those who attempt the absurd can achieve the impossible.
52. Student: Dr. Einstein, Aren’t these the same questions as last year’s [physics] final exam? Dr. Einstein: Yes; But this year the answers are different.
53. The ideals which have always shone before me and filled me with joy are goodness, beauty, and truth.
54. Life is a preparation for the future; and the best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none.
55. We know from daily life that we exist for other people first of all, for whose smiles and well-being our own happiness depends.
56. Student is not a container you have to fill but a torch you have to light up.
57. Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others, it is the only means.
58. Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.
59. I believe that Gandhi’s views were the most enlightened of all the political men in our time. We should strive to do things in his spirit: not to use violence in fighting for our cause, but by non-participation in anything you believe is evil.
60. We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life. All that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about.
61. It is humankind’s duty to respect all life, not only animals have feelings but even also trees and plants.
62. To get to know a country, you must have direct contact with the earth. It’s futile to gaze at the world through a car window.
63. I am thankful to all those who said no. It’s because of them, I did it myself.
64. I fear the day when the technology overlaps with our humanity. The world will only have a generation of idiots.
65. Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler.
66. Creativity is intelligence having fun.
67. If a man aspires towards a righteous life, his first act of abstinence is from injury to animals.
68. I never teach my pupils. I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn.
69. Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value.
70. A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move toward higher levels.