Marianne Williamson Love Quotes and Sayings
2. If you give your life as a wholehearted response to love, then love will wholeheartedly respond to you.
3. May we not succumb to thoughts of violence and revenge today, but rather to thoughts of mercy and compassion. We are to love our enemies that they might be returned to their right minds.
4. Unless we give love, we won’t feel it though it’s all around us.
5. We yearn for love as in yearning for home. Is it here, we ask? Or here, or there? And the answer is, it is everywhere.
Excerpt from Wikipedia: Marianne Williamson is a spiritual teacher, author and lecturer. She has published ten books, including four New York Times #1 bestsellers. She is also the founder of Project Angel Food, a meals-on-wheels program that serves homebound people with AIDS in the Los Angeles area, and co-founder of The Peace Alliance, a grass roots campaign supporting legislation to establish a United States Department of Peace. She serves on the Board of Directors of the RESULTS organization, which works to end poverty in the United States and around the world. She has taught her “Sister Giant” seminars, which supports women in running for political office and aligning their politics with their spiritual values.
She has been a guest on television programs such as Oprah, Larry King Live, Good Morning America and Charlie Rose. In December 2006, a Newsweek magazine poll named her one of the fifty most influential baby boomers. According to Time magazine, “Yoga, the Cabala and Marianne Williamson have been taken up by those seeking a relationship with God that is not strictly tethered to Christianity.” Williamson bases her teaching and writing on a set of books called A Course In Miracles, a self-study program of spiritual psychotherapy, based on universal spiritual themes.
Sayings by Marianne Williamson
1. As we let our light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence actually liberates others.
2. Fill you mind with the meaningless stimuli of a world preoccupied with meaningless things, and it will not be easy to feel peace in your heart.
3. Forgiveness is not always easy. At times, it feels more painful than the wound we suffered, to forgive the one that inflicted it. And yet, there is no peace without forgiveness.
4. If I choose to bless another person, I will always end up feeling more blessed.
5. In every community, there is work to be done. In every nation, there are wounds to heal. In every heart, there is the power to do it.
6. Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are.
7. Nothing liberates our greatness like the desire to help, the desire to serve.
8. Personal transformation can and does have global effects. As we go, so goes the world, for the world is us. The revolution that will save the world is ultimately a personal one.
9. The first step in forgiveness is the willingness to forgive.
10. The only work that will ultimately bring any good to any of us is the work of contributing to the healing of the world.
11. The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world.
12. The spiritual path – is simply the journey of living our lives. Everyone is on a spiritual path; most people just don’t know it.
13. We can always choose to perceive things differently. You can focus on what’s wrong in your life, or you can focus on what’s right.
14. Imagine the most amazing thing you could do with your life. Now whatever you just thought of, that was it! Hold the thought. Cherish it and let it in…
15. Happiness isn’t circumstance-dependent; it’s a frame of mind. You and you alone decide how to interpret everything that happens.
16. Patience is the spiritual power to wait with faith, remembering that the universe is on your side even when other people aren’t.
17. How can the universe support a vision that you yourself won’t hold tenderly and steadily within your heart? Your consciousness is your spiritual womb. Be quietly and proudly pregnant with the most beautiful possibilities for your future.
18. One night I was up in the middle of the night, laying awake in my bed and worrying about this or that, when a voice in my heart said, “Marianne, most people in the world do not have beds.”
19. No matter what we’re doing, the consciousness we bring to the situation – whether of love and service, or of fear and gimme – will determine whether or not miracles occur.
20. If a train doesn’t stop at your station, then it’s not your train.
21. Any resentment you hold on to is a wall in front of your heart. No technique other than forgiveness can remove it, and no one but you can do it.
22. Forgiveness is the only way we can release ourselves from the past.
23 You influence the world not only by what you do, but by who you are.
24. Some things need to be let go before other things can be let in.
25. Life is not a solo act; it’s an ensemble piece. You’re in this with other actors, whose lines are just as important as yours.
26. What we focus on in our minds we will experience in our lives.
27. Next time you’re about to judge someone, attempt to understand them instead.
28. The miracle often lies outside our comfort zone.
29. Children are happy because they don’t have a file in their minds called ‘All the Things That Could Go Wrong.’
30. It’s not just what we do, but also who we are, that transforms the world.
31. You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be.
32. The most powerful tool for navigating a quickly changing, chaotic world is to cultivate stillness and peace within.
33. The ego says, “Once everything falls into place, I’ll feel peace.” The spirit says, “Find your peace, and then everything will fall into place.”
34. Faith doesn’t mean you don’t have to do the work; it just means you’re absolutely certain the work will pay off.
35. The presence of so much darkness in the world is an invitation to all of us: turn up the light.
36. We do not heal the past by dwelling there; we heal the past by living fully in the present.
37. Every minute we spend tearing someone down is a minute we could spend building someone else up. The latter is much greater use of our power.
For extra reading: Our Deepest Fear by Marianne Williamson
Connect to Marianne Williamson
Books by Marianne Williamson
1. The Age of Miracles: Embracing the New Midlife
2. Illuminata: A Return to Prayer
3. The Gift of Change: Spiritual Guidance for a Radically New Life
4. A Course in Weight Loss: 21 Spiritual Lessons for Surrendering Your Weight Forever