Mignon McLaughlin love quotes and sayings
2. A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.
3. Hate leaves ugly scars, love leaves beautiful ones.
4. The hardest learned lesson: that people have only their kind of love to give, not our kind.
5. Love unlocks doors and opens windows that weren’t even there before.
6. We choose those we like; with those we love, we have no say in the matter.
7. The three horrors of modern life – talk without meaning, desire without love, work without satisfaction.
Excerpt from Wikipedia: Mignon McLaughlin (June 6, 1913 – December 20, 1983) was an American journalist and author. She is author of the quote: “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” She wrote the first and second Neurotic’s Notebooks, and is also the author of this quote: “Anything you lose automatically doubles in value.” She has also been credited with “Every society honors its live conformists and its dead troublemakers.”
Sayings by Mignon Mclaughlin
1. Courage can’t see around corners but goes around them anyway.
2. Hope is the feeling we have that the feeling we have is not permanent.
3. There are so many things that we wish we had done yesterday, so few that we feel like doing today.
4. We are all born brave, trusting and greedy, and most of us remain greedy.
5. Once you become self-conscious, there is no end to it; once you start to doubt, there is no room for anything else.
6. Only where children gather is there any real chance of fun.
7. Women usually love what they buy, yet hate two-thirds of what is in their closets.
8. Character is what emerges from all the little things you were too busy to do yesterday, but did anyway.