Og Mandino Love Quotes and Sayings
2. Love doesn’t sit there like a stone, it has to be made, like bread: remade all the time, made new.
Excerpt from Wikipedia: Augustine “Og” Mandino II (December 12, 1923 – September 3, 1996) suffered devastating losses while struggling with alcohol abuse yet conquered his disease, discovered the greatest secret of success in all ventures and became one of America’s most beloved and trusted authors and mentors.
He wrote the bestselling book The Greatest Salesman in the World. He remains one of the best-selling inspirational authors today. His books have sold over 50 million copies and have been translated into over twenty-five different languages. He was the president of Success Unlimited magazine until 1976. He had been inducted into the National Speakers Association’s Hall Of Fame.
Sayings by Og Mandino
1. Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later.
2. Always render more and better service than is expected of you, no matter what your task may be.
3. Always seek out the seed of triumph in every adversity.
4. Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness and understanding you can muster, and do it with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again.
5. Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.
6. I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars.
7. Take the attitude of a student, never be too big to ask questions, never know too much to learn something new.
8. To be always intending to make a new and better life but never to find time to set about it is as to put off eating and drinking and sleeping from one day to the next until you’re dead.
9. To do anything truly worth doing, I must not stand back shivering and thinking of the cold and danger, but jump in with gusto and scramble through as well as I can.
10. Each day is a special gift from God, and while life may not always be fair, you must never allow the pains, hurdles, and handicaps of the moment to poison your attitude and plans for yourself and your future. You can never win when you wear the ugly cloak of self-pity, and the sour sound of whining will certainly frighten away any opportunity for success. Never again. There is a better way.
11. Whenever you make a mistake or get knocked down by life, don’t look back at it too long. Mistakes are life’s way of teaching you. Your capacity for occasional blunders is inseparable from your capacity to reach your goals. No one wins them all, and your failures, when they happen, are just part of your growth. Shake off your blunders. How will you know your limits without an occasional failure? Never quit. Your turn will come.
12. Every memorable act in the history of the world is a triumph of enthusiasm. Nothing great was ever achieved without it because it gives any challenge or any occupation, no matter how frightening or difficult, a new meaning. Without enthusiasm you are doomed to a life of mediocrity but with it you can accomplish miracles.
13. If I feel depressed I will sing. If I feel sad I will laugh. If I feel ill I will double my labor. If I feel fear I will plunge ahead. If I feel inferior I will wear new garments. If I feel uncertain I will raise my voice. If I feel poverty I will think of wealth to come. If I feel incompetent I will think of past success. If I feel insignificant I will remember my goals. Today I will be the master of my emotions.
14. Cherish each hour of this day for it can never return.