Og Mandino Love Quotes and Sayings
#1-5 The Scroll Marked II, The Greatest Secret in the World
1. I will greet this day with love in my heart. For this is the greatest secret of success in all ventures. Muscle can split a shield and even destroy life but only the unseen power of love can open the hearts of men and until I master this art I will remain no more than a peddler in the market place.
2. I will make love my greatest weapon and none on whom I call can defend against its force.
3. …my love will melt all hearts liken to the sun whose rays soften the coldest clay.
4. I will love the sun for it warms my bones; yet I will love the rain for it cleanses my spirit.
5. I will love the light for it shows me the way; yet I will love the darkness for it shows me the stars.
#6 The Greatest Miracle in the World
6. To love for fulfillment, satisfaction, or pride is no love. Love is a gift on which no return is demanded.
Excerpt from Wikipedia: Augustine “Og” Mandino II (December 12, 1923 – September 3, 1996) suffered devastating losses while struggling with alcohol abuse yet conquered his disease, discovered the greatest secret of success in all ventures and became one of America’s most beloved and trusted authors and mentors.
He wrote the bestselling book The Greatest Salesman in the World. He remains one of the best-selling inspirational authors today. His books have sold over 50 million copies and have been translated into over twenty-five different languages. He was the president of Success Unlimited magazine until 1976. He had been inducted into the National Speakers Association’s Hall Of Fame.
Sayings by Og Mandino
#1-2 The Greatest Miracle in the World
1. The only certain means of success is to render more and better service than is expected of you, no matter what your task may be.
2. Imitate no one. Be yourself. Show your rarity to the world and they will shower you with gold.
#3 The Scroll Marked IX, The Greatest Secret in the World
3. I will act now.
For now is all I have.
#4 The Scroll Marked IX, The Greatest Salesman in the World, Volume 1
4. I will become a firefly and even in the day my glow will be seen in spite of the sun. Let others be as butterflies who preen their wings yet depend on the charity of a flower for life. I will be as the firefly and my light will brighten the world.
#5 The Greatest Salesman in the World, Volume 1, Random House Publishing Group, 5 January 2011
5. Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.
#6-7 The Scroll Marked III, The Greatest Secret in the World
6. Always will I take another step. If that is of no avail I will take another, and yet another. In truth, one step at a time is not too difficult. I will persist until I succeed.
7. I will avoid despair but if this disease of the mind should infect me then I will work on in despair. I will toil and I will endure. I will ignore the obstacles at my feet and keep my eyes on the goals above my head, for I know that where dry desert ends, green grass grows.
#8-9 The Greatest Salesman in the World, Part II: The End of the Story, Random House Publishing Group, 30 March 2011
8. To be always intending to make a new and better life but never to find time to set about it is as if I should put off eating and drinking and sleeping from one day to the next until I am dead.
9. Every memorable act in the history of the world is a triumph of enthusiasm. Nothing great was ever achieved without it because it gives any challenge or any occupation, no matter how frightening or difficult, a new meaning. Without enthusiasm I am doomed to a life of mediocrity but with it I can accomplish miracles.
#10 Rule Seven, A Better Way to Live
10. Each day is a special gift from God, and while life may not always be fair, you must never allow the pains, hurdles, and handicaps of the moment to poison your attitude and plans for yourself and your future. You can never win when you wear the ugly cloak of self-pity, and the sour sound of whining will certainly frighten away any opportunity for success. Never again. There is a better way.
#11 Rule Three, A Better Way to Live
11. Whenever you make a mistake or get knocked down by life, don’t look back at it too long. Mistakes are life’s way of teaching you. Your capacity for occasional blunders is inseparable from your capacity to reach your goals. No one wins them all, and your failures, when they happen, are just part of your growth. Shake off your blunders. How will you know your limits without an occasional failure? Never quit. Your turn will come.
#12 Mission: Success!, Bantam Books, 1986
12. To do anything today that is truly worth doing, I must not stand back shivering and thinking of the cold and danger, but jump in with gusto and scramble through as well as I can.
#13-14 The Greatest Secret in the World
13. Each day, when I awaken, I will follow this plan of battle before I am captured by the forces of sadness, self-pity and failure—If I feel depressed I will sing. If I feel sad I will laugh. If I feel ill I will double my labor. If I feel fear I will plunge ahead. If I feel inferior I will wear new garments. If I feel uncertain I will raise my voice. If I feel poverty I will think of wealth to come. If I feel incompetent I will think of past success. If I feel insignificant I will remember my goals. Today I will be the master of my emotions.
14. If I waste today I destroy the last page of my life. Therefore, each hour of this day will I cherish for it can never return.
Unsourced Og Mandino Quotes
1. Treasure the love you receive above all. It will survive long after your good health has vanished.
2. Love doesn’t sit there like a stone, it has to be made, like bread: remade all the time, made new.
3. Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later.
4. Always seek out the seed of triumph in every adversity.
5. Take the attitude of a student, never be too big to ask questions, never know too much to learn something new.
6. Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness and understanding you can muster, and do it with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again.