2. The future for me is already a thing of the past – You were my first love and you will be my last.
3. You can never be wise and be in love at the same time.
4. I gave her my heart but she wanted my soul.
5. All right, I’ll take a chance. I will fall in love with you. If I’m a fool you can have the night, you can have the morning too. Can you cook and sew, make flowers grow? Do you understand my pain? Are you willing to risk it all or is your love in vain?
6. Why wait any longer for the one you love when he’s standing in front of you.
7. There’s beauty in the silver singing river, There’s beauty in the sunrise in the sky, But none of these and nothing else can match the beauty, That I remember in my true love’s eyes.
Excerpt from Wikipedia: Bob Dylan (born Robert Allen Zimmerman; May 24, 1941) is an American singer-songwriter, musician, author, and artist. He has been an influential figure in popular music and culture for more than five decades. Much of his most celebrated work dates from the 1960s when he was an informal chronicler and a seemingly reluctant figurehead of social unrest. A number of Dylan’s early songs, such as “Blowin’ in the Wind” and “The Times They Are a-Changin‘”, became anthems for the US civil rights and anti-war movements. Leaving his initial base in the culture of folk music behind, Dylan’s six-minute single “Like a Rolling Stone” has been described as radically altering the parameters of popular music in 1965. His recordings employing electric instruments attracted denunciation and criticism from others in the folk movement.
Sayings by Bob Dylan
1. Behind every beautiful thing, there’s some kind of pain.
2. Take care of all your memories. For you cannot relive them.
3. What’s money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do.
4. May you grow up to be righteous, may you grow up to be true. May you always know the truth and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong. May you stay forever young.
5. I accept chaos, I’m not sure whether it accepts me.
6. All I can do is be me, whoever that is.
7. Don’t criticize what you can’t understand.
8. Sometimes it’s not enough to know what things mean, sometimes you have to know what things don’t mean.
9. Life is more or less a lie, but then again, that’s exactly the way we want it to be.
10. I think women rule the world and that no man has ever done anything that a woman either hasn’t allowed him to do or encouraged him to do.
11. People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent.
12. Yesterday’s just a memory, tomorrow is never what it’s supposed to be.
13. There is nothing so stable as change.
14. If you want to keep your memories, you first have to live them.
15. When you’ve got nothing, you’ve got nothing to lose.
16. All this talk about equality. The only thing people really have in common is that they are all going to die.
17. Some people seem to fade away but then when they are truly gone, it’s like they didn’t fade away at all.
18. I define nothing. Not beauty, not patriotism. I take each thing as it is, without prior rules about what it should be.
19. When you feel in your gut what you are and then dynamically pursue it – don’t back down and don’t give up – then you’re going to mystify a lot of folks.
20. If you try to be anyone but yourself, you will fail; if you are not true to your own heart, you will fail. Then again, there’s no success like failure.
21. To live outside the law, you must be honest.
22. Don’t matter how much money you got, there’s only two kinds of people: there’s saved people and there’s lost people.
23. It frightens me, the awful truth, of how sweet life can be.
24. You don’t have to be afraid of looking into my face. We’ve done nothing to each other that time will not erase.
25. I think of a hero as someone who understands the degree of responsibility that comes with his freedom.
26. Act the way you’d like to be and soon you’ll be the way you’d like to act.
27. I think the truly natural things are dreams, which nature can’t touch with decay.
28. Everything passes, everything changes, just do what you think you should do.