Dinah Shore Love Quote and Sayings
Excerpt from Wikipedia: Dinah Shore (born Frances Rose Shore; February 29, 1916 – February 24, 1994) was an American singer, actress, and television personality. She was most popular during the Big Band era of the 1940s and 1950s.
Sayings by Dinah Shore
1. And I’ve never taken up a sport just because it was a social fad.
2. Bing Crosby sings like all people think they sing in the shower.
3. Emmys are wonderful and I’m thrilled to death that I have mine. But they’re representative of a specific achievement, where this sort of thing is representative of how you’ve grown in your own industry.
4. I can’t remember a time when I wasn’t singing.
5. I earn and pay my own way as a great many women do today.
6. I never wanted to set the world on fire. So I never had to burn any bridges behind me.
7. The best money advice ever given me was from my father. When I was a little girl, he told me, ‘Don’t spend anything unless you have to.
8. When I was four or five, my father had a general store in Winchester and I don’t think the farmers could ever leave on Saturday afternoon until I had been placed up on the counter to sing.
9. Why should unmarried women be discriminated against – unmarried men are not.