George Burns Love Quotes and Sayings
2. Age to me means nothing. I can’t get old; I’m working. I was old when I was twenty-one and out of work. As long as you’re working, you stay young. When I’m in front of an audience, all that love and vitality sweeps over me and I forget my age.
3. Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.
Excerpt from Wikipedia: George Burns (January 20, 1896-March 9, 1996), born Nathan Birnbaum, was an American comedian, actor, and writer.
Sayings by George Burns
1. Be quick to learn and wise to know.
2. Don’t stay in bed, unless you can make money in bed.
3. Everything that goes up must come down. But there comes a time when not everything that’s down can come up.
4. How beautifully leaves grow old. How full of light and color are their last days.
5. I would go out with women my age, but there are no women my age.
6. I’m very pleased to be here. Let’s face it, at my age I’m very pleased to be anywhere.
7. If you ask what is the single most important key to longevity, I would have to say it is avoiding worry, stress and tension. And if you didn’t ask me, I’d still have to say it.
8. It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can’t remember if it’s the thirteenth or the fourteenth.
9. Retirement at sixty-five is ridiculous. When I was sixty-five I still had pimples.
10. Sex at age 90 is like trying to shoot pool with a rope.
11. Too bad all the people who know how to run this country are busy running taxicabs or cutting hair.
12. You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.
13. Acting is all about honesty. If you can fake that, you’ve got it made.
14. You can’t help getting older, but you don’t have to get old.